Since My Ballard is community-powered, our goal is to keep the comments as civil and constructive as possible. You can help by clicking “report” on comments you feel cross the line as well as clicking “like” on comments you enjoy. The more times a comment is reported, the more likely it will disappear. And if you set your “sort by” setting at the top of the comments to “best rating,” the comments with the most “like” ratings will be shown first.
You don’t need to register to post a comment, but you will need to sign up (or connect to your Facebook account) to “report” or “like” a comment. While you can help keep discussions under control, we also have some comment rules:
1. Do not use obscene or offensive language. Be respectful. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing or in violation of the law.
2. UPDATED: Tell the truth. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered libelous, defamatory or false. Do not accuse an individual who can be identified with a crime, or imply or threaten civil action. Any discussion that originates from criminal or legal accusations made on the forum, against an identifiable private individual, may be deleted.
3. Respect the privacy of others. Do not harvest or otherwise collect names, email addresses or other identifying information from other participants. Do not post anyone’s personal information, even if it’s publicly available elsewhere.
4. Do not steal. Post only those materials for which you have copyright. You may not post material that infringes the rights of others including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or other proprietary rights.
5. Don’t misrepresent yourself as someone else.
6. Do not post an item for sale, rent or for free that you do not own outright or have the legal right to transfer to someone else. Do not solicit funds under false pretenses or misrepresentation.
7. Do not disrupt a comment thread with repetitive, inflammatory posts.
My Ballard does not pre-screen comments. We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of these rules or any other misuse of the site. My Ballard further reserves the right (each in its sole discretion) to screen, edit, modify, remove or disable access to any users posts that violates these provisions or that My Ballard deems objectionable.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your help,