Register or log in to post

My Ballard Forum » Open Forum

NBR - KPTK changing to Sports

(23 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Cougar Bob
  • Latest reply from BuffaloHawk
  1. Cougar Bob

Cougar Bob

While listening to Stephanie Miller this morning I heard that AM1090 - KPTK is going to a sports format. And KPOJ switched to a sports format this morning. KPOJ is owned by Clear Channel.

I don't think Seattle needs another sports station on the dial. It does need voices like Stephanie Miller, Ed Schultz, Thom Hartmann and Ring of Fire radio with Mike Papantonio, Sam Seder and Robert F. Kennedy JR.

Today, during Hartmann's show on KPOJ, a Portland caller mentioned the format change, suggesting it might be a politically oriented move by Clear Channel.

Hartmann said, "I don't see any evidence that this is a political game being played" by Clear Channel. But Hartmann's guest, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, expressed concern that radio is dominated by "extreme right-wing" hosts. "We have got to figure out a way," Sanders said, to give radio listeners alternatives to "Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity." He said, "That's a major, major issue."

Hartmann said that "KPOJ is going away," and added that the ratings had been up.

Posted 2 years ago #