1. The U.S. citizenry is now more readily associated with "fat and stupid" not only by a large part of the rest of the world, but even by a large part of it's own citizens - a la Eric's " thick-necked woman with boxes and boxes of hostess products. now THAT is American!"
2. The conservative (term used loosely) Republican / Tea Party line is that this is largely due to the influence of Unions which have made the citizenry fat and lazy and dependent upon entitlements.
3. The areas of this country most receptive of this message, and the citizens therein, are the citizens most likely to fit Eric's description.
4. Why aren't hostess products flying off the shelf?
5. The original tea party was a well organized politically motivated union of local landholders and business men who enticed labor to rail against remote corporate and state control. The very idea of 'Union' embodies the spirit of the United States of America. The common man will gather and rise against the established power and demand equal access to the resources which create wealth and enable well being.
6. Why do blowhard teaparty republicans who live in rental basements, play in bad cover bands, and have the intellect of a croquet mallet rail so hard against unions? Are they patsies? Are they un-american? Are they incapable of thinking for themselves? Did Lord Rush come down from the heights of Mount Premiere and fill their poor empty heads with misremembered misinformation?
7. Or did they just become fat and stupid and all too willing to let others fight for them - entitled to the hard fought gains for common men and women which Americans are famous the world over for winning?
8. Good questions.
9. When a tool says "imbecile" remember to laugh because the devil can't abide mockery.