Register or log in to post

My Ballard Forum » Open Forum

"The Rolling Stones" and Copyrights

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by BuffaloHawk
  • Latest reply from racerX
  1. BuffaloHawk

BuffaloHawk

This looks like it will be a really good show and I love the venue. I was wondering the same thing as others in the comment section as to how they can use there name. I am curious if anyone here would know the answer?

http://seattletimes.com/html/matsononmusic/2019941195_the_rolling_stones.html

"It's almost like we're too young to be doing it," says Devin Welch, founding member of local rock heroes Blood Brothers, about his cover band "The Rolling Stones." "That's what makes it fun and funny. But that also gives it an edge."

Seattle's "Stones" play The Rolling Stones Holiday Party Saturday at the Tractor Tavern, along with Dancer & Prancer, TacocaT and DJ Mike Nipper.

Comprised of Welch and five veteran Seattle players in their 30s, most of the whom come from experimental/punk backgrounds — followers of the Seattle local scene will recognize personnel from Blood Brothers, Shoplifting, Past Lives, Truckasauras, Whalebones and Chromatics — "The Rolling Stones" have a pedigree that is too-cool-for-school. But band is 100% unironic. In concert they do thrilling justice to the source material.

Posted 1 year ago #