Daily news for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood

Register or log in to post

My Ballard Forum » Open Forum

What's your WORST Holiday story?

(23 posts)
  1. Jules

Jules

I'm kind of interested in people's most hideous holiday tales....OK, I'll start.

There was the Thanksgiving that my parents were in Hawaii, siblings out of town, (I was in college) and the parental units had called to say they'd be home about 3:00 on Thanksgiving..and would I put the turkey in the oven. Not only did I do that, but I made the entire dinner, pies, mashed potatoes, stuffing gravy, veggies, etc....and no one showed up. Tick tock, tick tock.....just me and the dog, and a veritable feast Martha Stewart would be proud of....no family showed up....and the dog is looking at me as if to say "hey! do you have plans for that turkey, 'cuz I can thing of something to do with it...." At 8:00 PM, the entire family finally showed up, as all of their (separate) planes had been delayed.

Then there was the Christmas Eve where my Dad decided right before 5 PM to run down to Portlock and get some herring....they flipped off the lights just as he walked in the door, and he fell down...they called 911...one by one my entire family ended up at the emergency room at Ballard/Swedish Hospital...once again, I was home alone with a Julia Child-like feast...

So, what's your most loathesome holiday stpru?

Posted 5 years ago #