Welcome to the My Ballard forum! We have a few rules of conduct to ensure the discussions are kept civil and constructive.
We do not moderate content before it's posted, but we periodically monitor the forum. If you notice a post that breaks the rules, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with "ABUSE" in the subject line.
In our classifieds forum, it's BUYER AND SELLER BEWARE. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. For more information on internet scams, please visit http://www.ic3.gov/preventiontips.aspx.
1. Do not use obscene or offensive language. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing or in violation of the law.
2. UPDATED: Tell the truth. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered libelous, defamatory or false. Do not accuse an individual who can be identified with a crime, or imply or threaten civil action. Any discussion that originates from criminal or legal accusations made on the forum, against an identifiable private individual, may be deleted.
3. Respect the privacy of others. Do not harvest or otherwise collect names, email addresses or other identifying information from other participants. Do not post anyone's personal information.
4. Do not steal. Post only those materials for which you have copyright. You may not post material that infringes the rights of others including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or other proprietary rights.
5. Don't misrepresent yourself as someone else.
6. Do not post an item for sale, rent or for free that you do not own outright or have the legal right to transfer to someone else. Do not solicit funds under false pretenses or misrepresentation.
7. Do not disrupt a forum thread with repetitive, inflammatory posts.
My Ballard reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of these forum rules or any other misuse of the site. My Ballard further reserves the right (each in its sole discretion) to screen, edit, modify, remove or disable access to any users posts that violates these provisions or that My Ballard deems objectionable.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.