The following is a count of the Ballard area presumed inhabited vehicles. This includes areas generally south of NW 65th Street, west of 5th Avenue NW, east of 15th Avenue NW, the area around the old Hyundai dealership, down to Salmon Bay. These statistics includes enclaves of 14th Avenue NW Median, Ballard Industrial Area, Ballard Industrial Area (West), Department of Social and Health Services, Fred Meyer, Goodwill / 8th Avenue NW, NW Leary Way, Safeway, Seattle City Light, and of course Sunset Bowl / Ballard Market.
This number includes a total of 99 presumed inhabited vehicles.
• 73 have been present in the last 3 months
• 26 are MIA, but have been spotted since summer 2009
• 4 in the 14th Avenue NW Median; 11 in the Ballard Industrial Area (east of 15th Avenue NW); 6 in the Ballard Industrial Area (west of 15th Avenue NW); 09 near Department of Social and Health Services building; 7 in and around Fred Meyer; 7 near and along Goodwill / 8th Avenue NW; 06 near NW Leary Way; 8 near Safeway Ballard, 19 around Seattle City Light; 22 around Sunset Bowl / Ballard Market
• 2 Two-Door Cars, 1 Four-Door Car; 17 Campers; 1 Mini-Bus; 7 Mini-Vans; 26 Motor Homes; 6 Pickup Trucks; 6 Pickup Trucks with Camper; 3 Pickup Trucks with Canopy; 3 School Buses; 1 Station Wagon; 1 SUV; 1 Trailer; 24 Vans
• 44 of them are clearly hoarding junk and garbage (cannot see inside RVs)
• 2 have out-of-state plates
• Public records show that at least 3 persons own multiple vehicles (i.e., the Sunset Bowl group of 5 vehicles are actually registered to just 2 people)
Some additional interesting facts include:
• One individual, has incurred 130 city citations (guess where)
• Another individual, has incurred 48 city citations
• Another individual, has incurred 213 city citations (car farmer, not included in these stats)