$25 at the Farmer's Market

Home Forums Open forum $25 at the Farmer's Market

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  briarrose 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Cate
    Participant

$6.50 Tall Grass Granola
    .88 two parsnips
    1.54 baby Brussel Sprouts
    6.00 six tulips
    1.10 a hand drawn card
    5.00 Toffee Crumbs
    1.97 Two Fuji Apples
    1.00 the tip jar for the horn player
    _______
    $23.99

Spring was definitely here. The flower sellers are back with daffodils (field grown) and hothouse tulips. I was looking for the first rhubarb of the season but not yet. Saw the most beautiful dog – Akita and Samoyed mix. And a Golden Great Pyrenees, an Old English Sheepdog, a beautiful German Shepard. It was a day for the big dogs at the market.

Sunflower
    Participant

I was eyeing those baby brussels sprouts last week… think they would make some awesome spicy pickles!

The rhubarb in my yard is growing taller everyday, think I will be able to start harvesting next weekend so hopefully there will be some for you at the market as well!

Life is amazing
    Participant

Ha! I almost text you to go to the market Cate but it was so late in the day I gave up on the idea.
    Maybe next Sunday :)

Anonymous

Brussels sprouts! :)

Cate
    Participant

I never thought of pickled Brussel sprouts but someone posted a recipe: http://www.hipgirlshome.com/blog/2011/3/13/pickled-brussels-sprouts.html

And LIA, I’m on for next weekend if you still want to.

briarrose
    Participant

The brussel sprouts are small ones left from last winter. Way too early for freshly grown. Smart to call them ‘baby.’

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.