News for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood and beyond

My Ballard header image 2

cannabis in historic districts?

Home Forums Open forum cannabis in historic districts?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JM98107 JM98107 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Catherine
    Catherine
    Participant

There’s a vote before the city council about the potential for allowing cannabis retailing in Seattle’s historic districts. Columbia City and Chinatown/I.D. have had their districts put on the exemption list in the city legislation. Ballard has not.

The Council vote is 1/11 – so please email the city council before then, including our District 6 Rep Mike O’Brien with your feedback, concerns, and position.

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

Might as well allow it. There’s not much historic about most of the other business in the district.

Profile photo of Catherine
    Catherine
    Participant

Just a gentle reminder to make sure you send comments in to the city council…. I’m pretty sure they’re not watching here….

Profile photo of Mondoman
    Mondoman
    Participant

Thanks for the heads-up!

Profile photo of Marigold
    Marigold
    Participant

Thanks for the head’s up! I would love to see a cannabis shop in the historic district. It would have saved me a trip this past weekend!

Profile photo of VeganBiker
    VeganBiker
    Participant

Marigold – there is a shop on 17th and 50th and one on 65th near 6th ave! How far was your “trip” ? :)

Profile photo of Marigold
    Marigold
    Participant

Well Vegan Biker, I was on foot with my friend who has mobility difficulties but still likes to get out and about. In and out of the car is tricky and those two shops are in fact out of walking range for her. So yes, we were shopping in old Ballard and I see no reason why there shouldn’t be a shop there too.

Thanks for your snark and congratulations on your health and mobility! May the force be with you!

VeganBiker
    Participant

Marigold – I didn’t intend that to be a “snark” in any way, shape or form! So sorry that it came over that way, I was just being cheeky!
    And I was not aware of your situation with your friend. Please accept my apologies, I really did not mean to upset you.
    I agree that there should be a recreational shop on Ballard Ave if they can afford the rent!

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

I expect home delivery of weed by drone helicopters in the near future.

VeganBiker
    Participant

JM – ha, ha, that is a funny image to think of. When I think of this idea of drone delivery I imagine a sky full of little flying machines and people trying to hijack them all over the place. Could be easier than stealing from a porch! I can imagine people complaining “my weed shipment got hijacked again!”

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

“We’ll deliver by 4:20 or it’s free!”

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Headline: Amazon hiring 1,200 people at new Kent fulfillment center

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar