Cats are so great

Home Forums Open forum Cats are so great

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  VeganBiker 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Alikelsea
    Participant

Aren’t they?

Apple
    Participant

Want mine?

VeganBiker
    Participant

Alikelsea – how many do you have?
    We have four, used to have seven! My first thought is domestic cats can be fickle, friendly, odd, cute and often darn nasty. They can be clean or very dirty.
    All domestic animals can be cute, lovable but then they can also be high maintenance and a pain in the neck. Out of all the animals I have had in my 67 years, there was one cat, two dogs and two mice that stood out. They were, at their respective times in my life, friendly, loving, clean, intelligent, fun and I miss them and always will, even the two mice!

Now, for me, all wild animals are GREAT! And we should stop killing them. Actually we should stop killing ALL animals, but that is another topic.

phoo
    Participant

Hey VB, if you haven’t already seen this, you might want to. I do like cats, but the idea that their parasites could be controlling humans who get infected is a fascinating thought.

http://www.praguepost.cz/archivescontent/3144-jaroslav-flegr-a-manipulation-hypothesis.html

Cate
    Participant

VB – Two mice? I’d love to hear about how two mice stood out. Do tell.

(One of my cats fell in the toilet this week. I love them but not so sure how “great” they are.)

gracie
    Participant

I have been in bed two days because very bad reaction to prescribed cough syrup and antibiotic. So nauseated but Pickles stayed with me whole time. My alive teddy bear.

phoo
    Participant

That sounds awful, Gracie. I hope you feel better soon.

gracie
    Participant

Thanks Phoo. Actually once later last night I threw up several times started to feel somewhat better. And today got liquids and some food down and feeling better. Haven’t felt that sick for long, long time.

phoo
    Participant

Wow, well you know to avoid that preparation and vicodin in the future. Eek.

So, does anyone suspect they are infected by Gondii? Am I the only one who finds this fascinating?

VeganBiker
    Participant

phoo – I guess I must be infected with toxoplasmosistreatment gondii.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Cate – when I was in my early teens I bought 2 mice, one white and one brown. I soon found out that the brown one was female and the white was male! The female had little ones and lots of them. I finally made two cages and separated them!
    I used to take the male to school with me in my pocket, I would stick him in my desk (we had desks with lids) and with some food he was quite happy in there. The female had a traumatic event when I was playing in the garden with the two of them, I used to make little mazes for them and let them run around, when the family cat who used to watch me doing this suddenly pounced on the female and ran off with her. I put the male in his cage and caught the cat who had the little mouse by the back, she finally let go when I put a finger over her nostrils and she had to open her mouth to breath. Little mouse had a lump in her back for the rest of her life. I never let the cat watch them play again.

gracie
    Participant

VB, in high school had to do dietary experiment on white rat. My mom hated that rat. I actually got to like it & let it crawl on me (yew). I never did the experiment, faked up paper & got an A.
    my momwas always teasing me so one day was paybacks. She had fallen asleep in livingroom in chair. I put the rat on her shoulder & then woke her up. She screamed, I got in trouble & next day rat gone. Gave to another classmate.
    at the time thought funny but later realized very wrong. My poor mom. How she put up with me….

VeganBiker
    Participant

gracie – I bet you were a handful as a child! :) Mice are smart but rats are quite intelligent. My daughter had a number of rats when she was young and they were very cute. She used to keep them in a cage but open the top and they went all over but came back to the cage to eat and sleep. Rats in the wild have totally adapted to living in our peripheries, they can exist on the waste that we create and the more we try to eradicate them the more they thrive, we can never get rid of rats unless we get rid of humans.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.