CenturyLink Gig Service in Ballard

Home Forums Open forum CenturyLink Gig Service in Ballard

Tagged: 

This topic contains 53 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Angeline 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Mondoman
    Participant

Some of your Apple devices may actually be capable of newer/faster WiFi than your current WiFi router, so it might be worth getting at least a new WiFi router. I would think a gigabit connection would matter most for stuff like Netflix or Amazon Prime video streaming.

I agree with you about wanting control over ones own router/firewall/WiFi access point, and own my own cable modem so I don’t have to pay Comcast a monthly fee. Certainly, both cable modems and router can be purchased from many vendors — if you don’t like Costco, there’s Amazon and places like Newegg.com. I’m not sure if fiber “modems” are available from other sources than your internet provider.

Angeline
    Participant

Have you checked into the pricing? I think the intro pricing for gigabit may be cheaper than our current Centurylink cost.

electricoutlet
    Participant

Angeline, where do you live? I would like to know how close it is getting to 59th & 22nd.

Angeline
    Participant

electricoutlet, I’m surprised it isn’t already there, based on the locations noted earlier in this thread. I can’t help you out, though. I’m more in the Fremont area, near 2nd NW and 42nd. My street is actually all done, I think — last Sunday morning there was a guy out who looked like some sort of inspector examining the wires going up my street. But they are still working down on 3rd Ave by Ross Park and I suspect that needs to be finished before the area gets switched on.

Viewing 4 posts - 51 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.