News for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood and beyond

My Ballard header image 2

Door to Door Magazine Subscriptions 62nd & 14th

Home Forums Open forum Door to Door Magazine Subscriptions 62nd & 14th

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JM98107 JM98107 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Participant

We have had two visits from the same person claiming to sell magazine subscriptions for an LLC. On both occasions, he has been extremely aggressive and confrontational when asked to leave. He even tried the door handle before we answered. Today, when he was asked to leave the property he became irritated and loud. He accused us of being racist, and brought a second person around to show our place to and point us out. Not sure if this is a legitimate service but the manner that this person is going about doing business makes us extremely uncomfortable and almost bullied.

Profile photo of Marigold
    Marigold
    Participant

There has been talk on ND about this in Fremont/Ballard recently. I found this article insightful:

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/04/trapped-into-selling-magazines-door-to-door/388601/

I’m not 100% sure if this is the activity that is happening in our neighborhoods, but based on my experience two nights ago and having seen the kids get dropped off in a van has me fairly convinced. Overall a sad tale.

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Some friends. east of us, near 60th and Sycamore have had the unwanted salesman stop by recently.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar