Eagles on the Magnolia Bluff

Home Forums Open forum Eagles on the Magnolia Bluff

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  VeganBiker 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

VeganBiker
    Participant

I just watched two Bald Eagles on the tall tree on the bluff and they look like they are probably going to nest in the lower tree again, at least I hope they do. If they do then it will be more than 10 years that they have nested there. Does anyone remember the the first time they noticed a Bald Eagle nest in those trees? I know that it is at least 10-12 years that I first heard about them.

lakreitz
    Participant

Where on the bluff? In the park? Or closer to Lawtonwood & Bay Terrace Rd?

VeganBiker
    Participant

lakreitz, its the nest that you can see from the 60th Street View Point (by the old Azteca) Standing on the Ballard side of the Ship Canal you can look over to the Magnolia side and the eagles perch in the tall evergreen tree and nest in the lower flat topped tree.
    Happy viewing.

Ernie
    Participant

VB, thanks for the heads up on the nest location. My dad is into photographing eagles and has several nests that he stakes out in Whatcom and Skagit counties looking to get pictures. Just yesterday I was telling him about the eagles I have seen perched on the cranes on Harbor Island and he asked if I knew of any nests.

I’ll have to go down and take a look.

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

Off topic, but if anyone sees the Snowy Owls return, please post where. I would really like to see them this Winter if they return.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Ernie, I don’t think they are working on the nest yet but it looks like they are getting ready. The lookout at 60th is a good spot for a tripod and camera also the lookout at 60th and Seaview is another good angle for the tree that the nest was in last year.

VeganBiker
    Participant

AprilJoy, I don’t think the Snowy Owls were in Ballard this winter like they were for the last two winters. I have not seen any and as far as I can tell nobody has posted any sightings in Ballard this winter. Anybody else have info?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.