Family on verge of homelessness during the holidays

Home Forums Open forum Family on verge of homelessness during the holidays

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cate 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mrsbeccak
    mrsbeccak
    Participant

I know this is not really the place for this, but I am trying to get as much help & support as I can. On December 18th(just this Monday) my family received notice that our month to month rental agreement was being terminated & that we had 30 days to be out. We are lucky that they gave us 30 days notice when by law, they only had to give us 20 days. That’s where the luck ends. We have been living paycheck to paycheck trying really hard to get ahead so that I can go back to college.
    Having our rental agreement be terminated right now is going to push us to the streets. And of course I do not want that for my 3 year old son. I’ve tried & will continue to try to sell everything I have in hopes of raising enough money for move-in fees. That is what I need help with. I’ve tried getting help from local charities but even going that route will not be enough. They offer a couple hundred dollars of help, while that is more than I currently have & would love to receive and be very grateful for, it will not cover first/last rent & deposit on a new apartment. So while I continue to work & sell everything off, I want to reach out to my community for assistance.

Please consider helping my family during these tough times.
    Thank you for reading.

gf.me/u/fsksv2

Cate
    Participant

You may be eligible for an ESG grant. To apply for one you register by calling the 211 phone line. This link describes it. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html/washington_homeless_and_evicti.html

Wishing you the best. (And contact Solid Ground, Housing Hope and the Salvation Army if you haven’t already)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.