Filmed in Seattle

Home Forums Open forum Filmed in Seattle

This topic contains 14 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  SEdholm 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

JM98107
    Participant

jburgh
    Participant

Our house is suposed to be in the movie, but I did not see it in the trailer.

Avocado Head
    Participant

We saw Keira popping in to Carta de Oaxaca, although I assume it was just to use the washroom, as she apparently receives all sustenance by eating a saltine once a week. Lovely lady, but she needs a Paseo gift certificate.

-Avo

great idea
    Participant

I hear ya, avo.

I recently re-watched ‘bend it like beckham’ with my kids and was astounded at what a skinny little waif she is.

oldguybc
    Participant

Mindblower of all time, rented a movie, forgot the title, was about an undercover cop at a “metropolitan high school”, nearly lost my upper plate when I realized the high school setting was James Monroe Junior High! Think Richard Dreyfuss was in it, forgettable plot and actors, don’t even remember the name, think it was filmed in the 80s…

JM98107
    Participant

Hey, don’t forget McQ (1974) filmed in Seattle and the Washington coast.

Police Lieutenant Lon McQ (John Wayne) investigates the killing of his best friend and uncovers corrupt elements of the police department dealing in confiscated drugs.

Shelley

The PI just put up a gallery of “Made in ‘Seattle'” movies.

Movies made in Seattle and Washington

One movie not there, that should be IMO is Five Easy Pieces. Probably dating myself. I saw it in college when it came out in Fall 1970. I just loved the Washington scenery, the unnamed island in the sound, and of course Jack Nicholson.

And ditto on the waifishness of Ms Knightley. Flipping through the gallery, I wonder why it’s OK to have men actors with meat on their bones, but not women. But that’s fodder for another day….

Anonymous

“…although I assume it was just to use the washroom, as she apparently receives all sustenance by eating a saltine once a week.”

Hahaha!! She is scary skinny. Yuck.

Sunflower
    Participant

Part of Laggies was filmed one door down from my house, and it is shown in the trailer! My 13-yo dot stayed up all night to watch them film last spring. Looking forward to seeing it!

Avocado Head
    Participant

Yeah, looks like it may be good, Sam Rockwell can do no wrong in my book. (Well maybe Iron Man 2, but that wasn’t his fault…)

The scariest thing about Ms. Knightley is knowing the camera adds 10 pounds. She must look like the proverbial “bag of antlers” under her clothes!

-Avo

briarrose
    Participant

The Killing is a great crime series filmed here. The best though will always be The Slender Tread.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

@briarrose: The Killing is based in Seattle but none of it was filmed here. . .unless you count the stock footage aerial shots. Still a great show though.

This is a new movie set in Seattle that got some pretty good reviews:

briarrose
    Participant

Ha I didn’t know that Jimmy. Funny that watching I noted that the filming made Seattle look dammed near post apocalyptic. In a city that is fast becoming so generic as is Seattle that would be hard to accomplish.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

yup, it’s actually shot in Vancouver. Season 4 comes out next week btw.

SEdholm
    Participant

50/50 did the same thing. Filmed as if in Seattle, but filmed in Van City.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.