First Week in October

Home Forums Open forum First Week in October

This topic contains 25 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  GAM 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

oldguybc
    Participant

I’m comin’ up… couldn’t talk MsOG into it so I’m soloing once again, need to see brothers and their families, cousins and aunt, got time for some MB get- togethers if anyone has any interest in one, let me know when & where & I’ll be there, this time without the Seahawks hat…

GAM
    Participant

Looking forward to seeing you again!

VeganBiker
    Participant

ogbc – I am going to make an effort to be at this one, this time.. Life is short!

Life is amazing
    Participant

Yay, I missed the last one. When where? Someone who organizes stuff come up with it. Oh wait… I do that for a living. OK folks throw out some preferences. It would be kinda fun to do a potluck in the park. Any thoughts on that?

GAM
    Participant

I am not a potluck person. I’m too lazy to do much prep, plus my few dietary restrictions make eating a crapshoot (no pun intended, but, well…).

Is the Waterwheel good for a gathering?
    Olaf’s is nice, but can be so loud it’s hard to hear anyone.
    We could also pick one of the “New Ballard” places for a sense of irony.
    Or the Smoke Shop?

oldguybc
    Participant

Up for just about anywhere & any time within reason, arriving 9/30, need a day or two to get my bearings, will work around any family get- togethers, etc… love dive bars, potlucks in the park are OK in good weather, will probably spend a lot of time driving around Ballard & re- familiarizing myself with things, places, etc. Hope to see some of those I have met, anyone know how to get ahold of iPlod or Dave Somers? GAM, BH, GiGi, looking forward to seeing all of you…

Pennygirl… damn, lady, bring Archie & the hellhounds this time!

VeganBiker
    Participant

ogbg – I just sent an email to Dave, I will let him know, if he replies to me :)..

Edog
    Participant

I’ll go. We can reserve the VIP room at the Bing!

Life is amazing
    Participant

The Water Wheel sounds great!

teigyr
    Participant

I’ll be down in Portland for the marathon maybe but, and was going to msg you or do a separate topic, how’s about the Giants race? You still going? We’re planning on me running the half, coming back and Mr T meeting me there….maybe bloody marys or tequila or something then going out for the 5k…the walking version :) You in? We’re buying!!!! And the Hi Dive….Patron on tap, dontcha know.

oldguybc
    Participant

Unfortunately will be out of town for this, Teigyr, son- in- law Dave is running, does every race every year. Will be down south with relatives the first 2 weeks in Sept, dadgumit!

Life is amazing
    Participant

I’m pretty sure that if you edit this thread together right, teigyr said she’s buying at the Waterwheel for everyone to have a marathon of Bloody Marys and Tequila with OG the first week of October! Woo hoo! I’m there!

teigyr
    Participant

Hahaha! Ok, tell you what. Anyone who wants to do the running marathon with me is welcome to a marathon of drinking at the Waterwheel and I might help offset the cost :) And their bloody marys are SO good. In all seriousness, will see if I can make it when OG is here.

teigyr
    Participant

p.s. OG, too bad about San Francisco. Oh well, another time. Am looking forward to the races(s), Buster bobbleheads!!!

Life is amazing
    Participant

Damn, I’d have to do a running thing. Sigh. You’re surely safe. ;)

Gilman gal
    Participant

I’m on alert!

I hope it ends up somewhere lower in Ballard, that might be a deal breaker for me.
    I’ll lurk on this thread and see what happens.

What did iPlod say?

Nora Bell
    Participant

Yeah, prefer lower Ballard too. The Stepping Stone is good, but is kind of small. Olaf’s is always good, but yes, can get loud the later it gets. Always up for the Smokeshop.

oldguybc
    Participant

Lower Ballard is fine with me, back in the day there was only Mike’s Chili and that little bar on 8thNW that went belly- up a while back, now there is the Tractor, Comor Byrnes, the Old Peq (is it still there?), a place called the 2 bit, never been there but WTF, Smokeshop, the Stepping Stone, probably many more, just name a place & my smiling face shall miraculously appear…
    PS… My trip will include taxi fare for GiGi, that is a must! Not worried about teigyr, she will run there…
    iPlod, yore still my fren, nuttin’ different there…

GAM
    Participant

Mmmmm….Mike’s Chili!

Old Peq is still around. In fact, I got addled and went there first when we were gathering at Molly’s.

The 2 Bit is closing – again. Perhaps it already has.

I would be willing/able to shuttle someone if there is a need. (I’ve met a few folks here, for those that are wise enough to desire references before getting in the car of an anonymous poster. Silver knows me best, I’d say)

teigyr
    Participant

Nope, no running to there because it’d be all uphill going home. Got to think of such things.

If I can though, i will. And if we can combine hillbilly folk, that is good. It isn’t often that we get into the big city.

great idea
    Participant

first week in October?
    maybe that works with your ‘California’ schedule, but we’re going to be busy watching playoff baseball up here.

teigyr
    Participant

I think we might have secured a source of playoff tickets if it comes to that :) I’m really happy for the M’s. There is some good talent on the team, I am liking the dynamics, and they really need this. As does this football crazy town.

that being said, I can also make time for OG if I’m around :) I can even bring the panda hat to make him feel at home.

Gilman gal
    Participant

That Ballard Public House Station place would work? Always very chill.
    And there’s always the Pono Ranch, that was fun for Cookies’ bday.

Let us know what day of week it might be.

Be safe everyone,

GAM
    Participant

Did I miss this during our outage? Hope not!

oldguybc
    Participant

So sorry, everybody, couldn’t contact anyone about my visit, so hit a few places in Ballard with my brother but had no way of contacting or knowing who was who, was at Ray’s, Water Wheel, Mike’s, Firehouse, even looked into Olaf’s and the Irish pub on 65th but nary a familiar face. Arrived on the 30th but had to cut short my trip due to tragedy at home, will talk later about it, don’t know when I will be up again.
    Wish I would have some way of contacting someone, anyone…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.