01/15/2014 at 7:34 pm #57628
Welcome to the brand new My Ballard forum! There are new features including expanded profiles, neighborhood groups and private messages.
First, you’ll need to register even if you were registered in the old forum. It’s quick and easy, and you’ll receive confirmation email — to help keep the spammers out — and then you’re in business.
To log in, click the link in the upper left of the site (or go here). Once you’re logged in, you can access your profile in the menu in the upper-right of the site, as well as your notifications (when people respond to one of your topics) and messages (private messages from other users). You can adjust your email notification settings by clicking “settings” in that same menu.
To post a new topic, select either the open forum or classifieds and scroll to the bottom. To reply to someone, click the reply link to the upper-right of their post.
How to join or create a group
One of the great things about the new forum is the ability for anyone to create your own group with its own forum. We already have Ballard parents, Loyal Heights, Ballard beer and a few more appearing.
Here’s the list of current groups (you can see “groups” in the main site navigation). If a group is public, just click “join group” and you’re in. If the group is private, you click to “request membership” and the group’s admin (whoever created it) can decide whether or not to approve.
To create a group, you’ll need to send us an email at email@example.com, with your username, so we can set it up for you (thank the spammers for this.) Please know that we have access to all groups that have been created here at My Ballard HQ, public, private or hidden.
Forum and group rules
We do not moderate content before it’s posted, but we periodically monitor the forum. If you notice a post that breaks the rules, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “ABUSE” in the subject line.
In our classifieds forum, it’s BUYER AND SELLER BEWARE. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. For more information on internet scams, please visit http://www.ic3.gov/preventiontips.aspx.
Here are the rules (which are the same as before):
1. Do not use obscene or offensive language. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, harassing or in violation of the law.
2. Tell the truth. You may not post or link to any material that could be considered libelous, defamatory or false. Do not accuse an individual who can be identified with a crime, or imply or threaten civil action. Any discussion that originates from criminal or legal accusations made on the forum, against an identifiable private individual, may be deleted.
3. Respect the privacy of others. Do not harvest or otherwise collect names, email addresses or other identifying information from other participants. Do not post anyone’s personal information.
4. Do not steal. Post only those materials for which you have copyright. You may not post material that infringes the rights of others including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal or other proprietary rights.
5. Don’t misrepresent yourself as someone else.
6. Do not post an item for sale, rent or for free that you do not own outright or have the legal right to transfer to someone else. Do not solicit funds under false pretenses or misrepresentation.
7. Do not disrupt a forum thread with repetitive, inflammatory posts.
My Ballard reserves the right, but does not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of these forum rules or any other misuse of the site. My Ballard further reserves the right (each in its sole discretion) to screen, edit, modify, remove or disable access to any users posts that violates these provisions or that My Ballard deems objectionable.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com/31/2014 at 7:52 am #58945
Please sticky this thread to the top of the forum, or new members will not be able to find it. Thanks01/31/2014 at 6:18 pm #59070
Would you list Lost Pets and Found Pets (and point them to their specific groups) in the main banner menu. I think this is a bit more important than breweries and cameras!02/25/2014 at 12:14 pm #60657
I really like that we can go directly to the latest post in each thread now.02/25/2014 at 6:34 pm #60700
So if someone sets up an account with a mocking screen name (example: Beerated Consort) and then posts only to mock you and post subtle details so you can tell that they have followed you all the hell over the Internet, is that okay?
I will tell you what, that’s creepy as all get-out. Ick.08/15/2018 at 2:23 am #92437
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.