front end alignment in Ballard?

Home Forums Open forum front end alignment in Ballard?

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Allison W 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Allison W
    Participant

Hey, I’m going to blast over to Boise in just over a week and the buggy could use a front end alignment before we leave. Anyone got a place they like? I don’t go to any of the myriad quickee lube places around, so I don’t know one from another. Thanks!

Edog
    Participant

What kind of car is it?

great idea
    Participant

if I thoughtfully pause before addressing your question, are you going to virtually flip me off?

Allison W
    Participant

Ok, trolls, you’ve been acknowledged.

Now, anyone have a suggestion for a decent place for front end alignments?

Smells Fishy
    Participant

Front end is fine. It’s the back end that needs work. AND

I am not a troll

Beaverite
    Participant

Walt’s on 15th & 63rd does a good job. I’d call first before showing up.

Affordable Tire on Elliot just past the Ballard Bridge on the east side does a decent job as well. They can do an alignment in less than an hour and they take credit cards from Firestone/ CFNA if you have one or need some credit. Much cheaper going here than Firestone.

Mondoman
    Participant

OK, that takes care of the buggy, but what about the horse?

Allison W
    Participant

Thanks Beaverite. It’s tough to get useful information around this forum sometimes.

Edog
    Participant

Hey Allison, f@ck you. I had an honest question about make and model, it makes a difference!

Ernie
    Participant

Edog is right to ask, as it does matter.

Group 2 performs the best chassis and suspension work in the area, but they probably aren’t the right choice for a “buggy” that spends half it’s life at intersections waiting for the other driver to go…

http://www.group2inc.com/suspension-services.html

Allison W
    Participant

It’s a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe. Given the history of Edog for abusive posts, I assumed he just wanted the make and model of my car for whatever reason. The car spends a lot of its life city driving, but also probably 6k annually on road trips. Not much in between.

briarrose
    Participant

Since allison is ‘blasting’ I assumed she had a rocket.

saffythepook
    Participant

Ernie,
    I agree with your assessment of Group 2, you can’t beat a racing shop for skill and technique. They were happy to do an alignment on my minivan and the results were great.

Mondoman
    Participant

I had Group 2 mount some tires for my (non-rally) Subaru and they were great to deal with.

Beaverite
    Participant

I’ve had the best experience with Affordable Tire also. They are everywhere in America so if you go with a lifetime alignment you can get it re-done anytime in any city for free.

If your car is under 3 years old and under 36,000 miles its probably still under original manufactures warranty even if you aren’t the original owner. Its worth calling a Hyundai dealership to see if you can get your alignment done for free.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Predictable

Allison W
    Participant

I ended up going with Affordable. They were super-quick and easy to deal with. I mistakenly dialed the U District shop rather than the Interbay one, but it worked out great. Thanks for the recommendations, much appreciated.

Edog
    Participant

So glad you got the help you needed, Allison!

great idea
    Participant

me, too.

just curious– why was your vehicle not eligible for warranty work as outlined by Beaverite above? it doesn’t sound like you put that many miles on it (out of city anyway) and it is new enough.

Allison W
    Participant

I’m not going to get into the specifics of my vehicle warranty. I can recommend Affordable if anyone’s looking for a place. They had my vehicle done in an hour.

gracie
    Participant

Good to know about Affordable. After this morning I probably need an alignment.
    I got new glasses yesterday for driving. Amazing world when right prescription but getting used to things so close on the side took a bit to get used to. Like this morning went to drive into Starbucks I misjudged and up and over the CURB I went, instead of the driveway.
    Hate when that happens! :)

Allison W
    Participant

As a former owner of a burly SUV and someone who will parallel park in some puny-ass spots, I know exactly what you are talking about. My car pretty much always needs one since I’m always rolling up on curbs.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.