Happy Halloween! How are we all Celebrating?

Home Forums Open forum Happy Halloween! How are we all Celebrating?

This topic contains 55 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Richy 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author

Nora Bell
    Participant

Sadly, I have to work this year, so would like to live vicariously through those who can have plans.

phoo
    Participant

…by doing homework? Yup, I’m missing another Halloween. But in my magical inner world, I’m dressing as NOMAD. (Think Star Trek:TOS – They are imperfect. They must be sterilized. Nonsequiter. Insufficient response.)

Oh, DO WANT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrVyYD6Siz8 Skip ahead to the video to really see it shine.

Nora Bell
    Participant

I like that magical Star Trek world. I may join you there.

teigyr
    Participant

I work. But am trying to get my work done super early so I can leave early because we have tickets for the theater. We’ve seen different incarnations of this show but are super excited since they’ve toured and done a NY stint. Oh yeah and are probably getting Brazilian food beforehand because what’s drag if you don’t have meat before?

http://www.seattlerep.org/Plays/1415/VD/Synopsis

phoo
    Participant

Nora: I love the Star Trek world. No one has to go to the bathroom, even when the turbolift breaks with several children in it and the ordeal goes on for hours.

Nora Bell
    Participant

Yup. No bathroom breaks on Captain Picard Day. :-)

phoo
    Participant

Personally, I think being able to hold it for an indefinite period of time could be a new super power, although not a sexy one like being invisible.

phoo
    Participant

BTW, are there enough trekkies here to have a Star Trek get together and binge watching? Cause that could be awesome. As a bonus, you could turn it into a drinking game if desired. You canna break the laws of physics (but you can BEND THEM)!

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Speaking of drinking game I saw an awesome one for Halloween tonight. Everytime you see an Elsa costume from “Frozen” have a drink;)

phoo
    Participant

To avoid further illness, I can’t drink until the end of the term. Then I’ll be overdue for drinking games! There we go – forum gatherings for drinking games (and those who like to laugh at those who play drinking games).

oldguybc
    Participant

Breakfast, watch rainy- day Giant’s victory parade on tube with fireplace going, maybe go out & get a burger, and finally trick or treating with candy for kids AND Patron shots for adults, couldn’t possibly be better than that!

jburgh
    Participant

phoo – I have the complete original Star Trek series on DVD :>)

Almost 6pm and not a child in sight. Im ready with candy. Last year we had about 350 trick or treaters.

phoo
    Participant

I tried to hand out candy a couple times. I can’t remember if I got none, or if it was up to 2. And it’s better not to have the candy sitting around the house.

jburgh, I’m not sure about TOS (which is 1 or 2 whole seasons), but I believe I have TNG and DS9, but it’s easier to watch them on Netflix. In fact, that’s one of the main reasons I keep Netflix around.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

not doing anything this year, have to be up early in the morning so the sweetie and I are going to go to bed early :(

as for Star Trek, one of my Favorite bus Drivers on the 44 always wears a Gold Kirk outfit every Halloween. I prefer the classic series (Kirk, Spock, Bones, etc). Never really got into TNG, DS9 or the rest

phoo
    Participant

I spent my Halloween watching the firefighters put out a fire in my apartment building, and shifting my go-bags in and out of my car. More fire engines than I could count, but everyone is ok and all of the apartments are habitable except for the one that was on fire.

great idea
    Participant

lots of trick-or-treaters tonight!
    the nice half-moon tricked all those little brats into going out, then it rained and they got all wet!

there were some nice costumes though
    particularly, I saw several ‘archer’ girls (hunger games or such).

good stuff.

VeganBiker
    Participant

phoo – sorry to hear that you had a fire there, I hope you are OK. I hope that was not anything to do with the two loud explosions I just heard.

phoo
    Participant

VB: No, nothing to do with the explosions. Someone turned on his heat without checking to be certain everything was away from the heaters. His couch was almost entirely eaten. I’m good. The only ill effect is I am too full of adrenaline to sleep and I’m waaaaay past my bedtime. Which is the best possible outcome. No need to evacuate. The fire was on the opposite side of the building as my apartment, so I knew I’d probably be fine, but I put some key stuff in my car just in case. I gotta say, I’m impressed by the response. They were quick and very serious about keeping it from spreading. A big thumbs up and gratitude to the SFD.

VeganBiker
    Participant

phoo – so glad all is well with you, fire is a powerful element. SFD are wonderful! I have a life saving reason to be thankful them.

Cate
    Participant

For Hallowween I am having a well rounded meal. The first course, to start the evening, The Hound of Baskerville – a ghostly Sherlock Holmes tale. Just finished the main course – We Have Always Lived in the Castle – Shirley Jackson’s story of Merricat, a sweet 14 year old girl who practices sympathetic magic and is one of the most demonic characters in American literature. I’ll finish the evening with my homemade limoncello and The Masque of the Red Death – a Poe story chosen because of its foretelling of the Ebola Crisis. I do love a good scary story.

gracie
    Participant

Well I had intended to watch Halloween movies but was too sick.
    sadly I never get trick or treaters. The little ones don’t realize houses down here. My neighbor kids across from me I gave them money other day for Halloween. sometime yesterday they put Halloween bag on my gate with Cleo candy in it.they are such nice kids.

Avocado Head
    Participant

Beer, pizza, and handing out candy to the little ones. Probably only got about a dozen or so door knockers. But some real cute kids, and a couple of home made costumes that were awesome!

-Avo

Nora Bell
    Participant

Yeah, didn’t see as many kids about as expected.
    Phoo, I’m a Whovian with Trekkie tendencies, so a geeky get together would suit me just fine. :-)

phoo
    Participant

Nora Bell, I’m a pretty die-hard trekkie. When I was a kid I made tranja, which surprisingly was apple-juice based. I’ve even watched the series’ that weren’t so good.

I also love Babylon 5 and Firefly.

Nora Bell
    Participant

I like most versions of Star Trek, though I never got into Voyager. The characters didn’t reach me like those of DS9, Enterprise, and TNG.
    Doctor Who was my first sci-fi love, though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.