"Hollywood" sighting (of sorts)

Home Forums Open forum "Hollywood" sighting (of sorts)

This topic contains 29 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  gracie 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author

gracie
    Participant

Tuesday at QFC in Interbay heard familiar voice;looked over & thought nah, that can’t be him. But it was – Danny Bonaduce. My checkout person said oh yeah, he is in here all the time. That’s when I found out he lives here. I couldn’t believe I didn’t know that – but then don’t listen to KZOK. She said he is a regular down to earth nice guy.
    Did same thing few years ago in Columbia Center. Saw guy who looked like Tom Skarret. Actually followed him on escalator to get better look. Came back & told coworkers who I just saw & again, turned out he lived here. Later he was in our office because doing a movie and wanted to see what our office looked like. Again, nice guy.
    Makes me wonder how many other Hollywood-type people live around here! Now if it was George Clooney – would definitely know!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Allison W
    Participant

I think Cynthia Tewes (fka Lauren Tewes) of Love Boat fame lives here too. I can’t think of any other Hollywood types off the top of my head who live here. Tom Skerrit’s niece, Jessica, is a local actress who is in a lot if Village and 5th Avenue shows. She’s an absolute doll. I love working with her.

Richy
    Participant

gracie
    Participant

Nope, didn’t see Clooney’s name. So not interested. :-) (although did find his house in California!)

Darth Satan
    Participant

Clooney is a randy dog! He is barely a step higher than a p@rn star in the moral hierarchy of scum.

SEdholm
    Participant

I did not realize Adam West was from Walla Walla. Killer.

Mondoman
    Participant

Skeritt’s been very involved in the local theater scene — I seem to recall that he lives north of Seattle, maybe in Skagit County?

Krow
    Participant

We’ve met some of them as my sweetie fancies herself an actress and what an actress she can be boy o boy when she wants something or wants you know she is

Cate
    Participant

Tom Skeritt is the nicest guy. When I worked at a AIDS Hospice he would come over periodically and visit with the patients. Each Oscar season he would bring over all the video’s he received of the nominated movies for the patients to watch. Very unassuming and down to earth man.

VeganBiker
    Participant

When I was waiting in line to go through the security check at SeaTac in March heading for JFK I turned to the guy behind me, who was about the same age as me, and asked him if he remembered the “old” days when we used to walk right up to the gate and we chatted about it for a bit then moved on, then I thought, darn that guy looked familiar. He had a baseball hat on and collar turned up. Then I realized it was Tom Skerritt! (I actually Googled him as I was waiting just to be sure!) When I got to the gate area I noticed that he was traveling on the same plane, AA to JFK. Funny old world. I was off to visit my daughter in Brooklyn and she used to work at the Alibi Room many years ago and guess who was involved with the Alibi Room at that time, yep Tom Skerritt. I believe he lives on Lake Washington and also Lopez Island.
    Seemed like a really low key, nice guy, kind of person you’d like to have a beer and a chat with.
    Small world.

gracie
    Participant

I hate to admit it but I got all “#1 fan” on him when I met him. Saying stupid things like “I loved you in Steel Magnolias” while shaking his hand — almost jacking him into the ground. He tolerated me and was very nice.
    The one person I met who was a pompous ass, and SO FULL of himself, was Oliver Stone. Came into office and for some reason he focused on me and started up this conversation and a lot of it about sports. I found myself defending the Seahawks, Mariners (which truthfully I had almost zilch info on). Luckily I had just heard on TV things about Mariners playing against California team and totally kicked that teams’ butt. So I acted, and apparently pulled it off, like I knew what I was talking about. And he then said “yeah, but you couldn’t even keep a basketball team here.” God, he was the most obnoxious person – thinking that females would fall all over him as he did his little “wink, wink” when talking. Yuk.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Clearly he has more patience than most of us.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

I ran into someone at a Mariner game that I am sure some of the woman would have loved to have met.

Kurt Rusell was in front of me in the beer line.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Was this Snake Plissken Russell or Whitey Russell?

gracie
    Participant

Buff – oh sure, I get to meet Oliver Stone and you are behind Kurt Russell. Not fair!

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

My ex was all upset that I didn’t go back to the seats and get her;)

oldguybc
    Participant

Kurt Russell made his debut in a film about the Seattle World’s Fair, he kicked Elvis in the shin… TWICE!

gracie
    Participant

What! How dare someone kick the King!

pennygirl
    Participant

I can’t remember the last time the Mariners kicked anyone’s butt!

gracie
    Participant

Short memory, girlfriend! They did it recently too.

gracie
    Participant

Buff – I would have beaned you too if you hadn’t came and got me!!! If you had gotten a King Beer – all over you,dude!

pennygirl
    Participant

The last time I remember them kicking butt was 95? Or maybe 20001ish?

Mondoman
    Participant

Interesting to hear that Skerritt (finally got the spelling right after looking it up!) and Stone interact with the public in real life pretty much as I would expect based on their TV and radio appearances. Looks like Skerritt actually lives in Seattle — there are a number of YouTube interview clips with him from recent years.

Rudy
    Participant

Penny is right. The last playoff appearance for the Mariners was in 2001. That was also the last year I worked for them… so you can blame me for this 13 year slump.

Allison W
    Participant

Rudy, you worked for them? Do you know Bob and Leo on the grounds crew? I worked with them for several years on a MSFT event.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.