Holman Rd. Debacle

Home Forums Open forum Holman Rd. Debacle

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Darth Satan 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

PlantLover
    Participant

I just tried to run over to the Hillbilly QFC. Holman is closed in front of it for the extended median they are building and cars are all over the place trying to get around it. Plan extra time if you have to be in the area. What is normally a 5 minute drive turned into about 20 minutes. Condolences and apologies to all who live close by. I did not want to queue up with 20 other cars in front of your houses. Hopefully they will get it done quickly. And a warning to those farther west near Holman – extended medians are coming to you too.

pennygirl
    Participant

I’m on one of the side streets that people are having to use as an alternate route, and it’s been a non-stop traffic jam all day long! On the plus side, my neighbor is having a yard sale, so she’s getting plenty of extra people driving (well, crawling) past.

oldguybc
    Participant

Soap box derby?

pennygirl
    Participant

People are actually getting annoyed out there. I’ve heard a few shouting at the car in front of them. Which is kind of silly, because that person also has a car in front of them, and so on!

Shelley

FWIW, the handout I got from SDOT said there is another weekend closure slated for Holman. They are doing something or other to the expansion joint(s) on the “bridge” (I had mistakenly been calling it the overpass) over 8th. However the web page below says only one weekend closure. There was hardly anybody in the QFC this morning when I popped by.

http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_holman.htm

Holman rd detour.

final diagram

PlantLover
    Participant

What a good idea to have a yard sale. Making lemons into lemonade (and maybe selling the lemonade too)!

pennygirl
    Participant

She didn’t plan it, but it worked out really well!

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

that would explain seeing some RapidRide buses on 85th

I sure up they finish all these “improvements” some time before they decide to disband Bus service to the north end completely

phoo
    Participant

Ooh, that’s a great idea! Bring out and sell food and tasty drinks to those stuck in cars. They may not be so impatient and short tempered if their bellies are full and their thirst slaked. (Yes, I know there could be legal issues, but profits could always go to a local charity like a bake sale does).

I knew about the closure and planned not to need to use that road, but plans changed. I hadn’t realized how far the closure went, so when I shot up aurora from 85th, I got a surprise! However, traffic on 85th and on meridian was not bad, but it was also 8:30 in the morning.

Come to look at the map, it doesn’t seem to indicate that you can’t turn right on 105th from Aurora, but the closure went all the way to Meridian (at least in the east direction).

LY
    Participant

I got caught in that mess trying to hit low tide at Richmond Beach. Was diverted onto a side street where a kid was actually selling delicious lemonade. I turned around and bought some (he says the grapefruit juice is the secret) then headed back south to skirt around and off to Greenwood. Hope he made bank.

Darth Satan
    Participant

Got stuck in that mess too, kid on the sidewalk sold me some awesome meth. He said cayenne is the secret ingredient. I hope he makes bank.

pennygirl
    Participant

Find another hobby edog.

teigyr
    Participant

105th from Aurora going East has been closed for a while. To get on the express lanes when I go to work, I have to go about a mile out of my way which wasn’t bad until they closed 125th for a bit! You’d think they would plan it better.

Darth Satan
    Participant

What’s wrong with stamp collecting?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.