House Flies

Home Forums Open forum House Flies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  PlantLover 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

PlantLover
    Participant

Is anyone else inundated with them? Is the warm weather increasing populations? I ask because in December we lost a cat who quickly caught and ate any fly that made it in. Is it always this bad and our little biocontrol agent kept them in check? I am thinking even she could not have eaten this many!

GAM
    Participant

I seldom have any flies inside. I usually only open screened windows and I let the spiders camp out in their corners, which I’m sure helps.

Helpful hint: flies can’t see clear plexiglass coming their way. I had a clear clipboard that eliminated many a fly in its day.

great idea
    Participant

we have seen a large uptick in flies this year (both house flies and fruit flies).

although I like to think our chickens are responsible, we did not have nearly the issue in past years with poultry.

it’s gotten much better in the last few weeks, but the late spring was difficult.

PlantLover
    Participant

Thanks for the tip, GAM. We have screens on the windows, but in this weather we have been opening doors too. I think there are more. Princess Zoe couldn’t have eaten this many!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.