How's it going so far beta testers?

Home Forums Open forum How's it going so far beta testers?

This topic contains 118 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  SmartsyArtsy 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)
  • Author

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Let us know if you’re running into any issues.

When we launch for everyone, we’ll change the link in the navigation to point to the new forum. For now, you may have to type in myballard.com/forums to get back to the forum after you visit your profile.

You can always access your profile via the drop-down menu in the far upper-right.

jburgh
    Participant

double post, sorry

jburgh
    Participant

GS – It was sort of wonky signing up and getting in. I had to switch between the two forums. Also, avatars must now be square.

I see you have a general, group and classifieds subforum. Will there be a recommendation one like before? And how about a lost pet sub…we really need that, too.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Sorry about the wonkiness. When we launch, we’ll just have one forum so it will be easier (I’m hiding this one from the home page to give the old forum members a head start).

(UPDATE: I added “new forum” and “old forum” in the site navigation.)

Good ideas on the other forums. I’m still trying to figure out how to list the most recent posts on the /forums page, so if someone posted in a “missing pets” forum, for example, it would be seen by more people. Stay tuned…

ballardMike
    Participant

Seems to be working. DamnTheSpam!!

VeganBiker
    Participant

GS – looks good so far, thanks for doing all the work to get this up and running. And it looks like quite a few new features.
    I am glad that you are weeding out the spam accounts!

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Just tweaked something to make things easier:

In the main site navigation, you’ll now see “new forum” and “old forum.”

Hope that helps?

GAM
    Participant

We no longer can indent replies. It was nice while it lasted.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Testing the “reply” to your message.

VeganBiker
    Participant

OK what I am noticing here is that IF I send just a general reply, it seems to get stuck anywhere in the list of replies, I am replying to my own message (January 12, 2014 at 10:39 am) and this should end up under the first message I posted.

VeganBiker
    Participant

OK that works!

VeganBiker
    Participant

So here is a reply to the GS post from (January 12, 2014 at 9:22 am)

Aunt Salad
    Participant

Howdy neighbors! Glad to see you all here! Maybe it is time for a forum gathering to celebrate the new forum?!

VeganBiker
    Participant

And notice how this is now listed in between posts from (January 12, 2014 at 10:27 am) and (January 12, 2014 at 9:47 am)! Or am I missing something?

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Testing indentation again.

(This was a reply to Veganbiker 10:39 am)

Ernie
    Participant

Hi GS, no problems logging in, but I have a question:

The “Name” field is required, but you can’t edit who can see it (default “everyone”) so I just put in my screen name.

I would think that this functionality should allow you to choose who can see your name so you can share your real identity with “Friends” or “Members” without sharing it with “Everyone”, is that how it is supposed to work?

Ernie
    Participant

Hi VB, here’s another reply…

Aunt Salad
    Participant

Check out the ‘weather’ thread GS – the times are all messed up and responses are out of order.

VeganBiker
    Participant

GS one thing I notice is that when I open up a topic there is no option to go to the “last” post in that thread, unless I am missing it.

Ernie
    Participant

Here’s an image test:

Linking photos doesn’t work. That would be a really great feature.

VeganBiker
    Participant

AS – yes I noticed that also.

VeganBiker
    Participant

GS that worked, are you having fun yet? :)

Richy
    Participant

How about a reply to a reply?

SunsetHillMarauder
    Participant

The Swedes already let me know in another thread that they’ll have to test the filtering of the image feature more before rolling it out for everyone to use. They’re afraid of people posting inappropriate images.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Hey Ernie, don’t think the software has that option, but we can look in plugins to see if someone has thought of that feature.

A way to get around it would be to display a link to your Facebook page in the website/social field, and hide that to only your friends.

(And let’s see if this is indented, as it was a direct reply)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.