How's it going so far beta testers?

Home Forums Open forum How's it going so far beta testers?

This topic contains 118 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  SmartsyArtsy 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 119 total)
  • Author

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

@jburgh There’s a 10 minute time limit on editing, as many times as you want. (It was 5 minutes, but I increased it a bit.)

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

The box is more visible now, GS! A little darker would be even better, but I can at least see it now.

And yes, if you know how long we have to edit a post, that would be helpful.

JM98107
    Participant

Seems to be working for me, but how does one log out/off?

Thanks

cdpenne
    Participant

Hi All,

Everything seems to work just fine so far but I admit I haven’t tried much. Hopefully this thread will have some staying power so we don’t have to kick all the tires tonight.

Kate Bergman
    Keymaster

@jm98107 – Hover over “Howdy, [username] in the top right and you can log out. ~Kate

Cate
    Participant

Geeky Swedes – Thanks so much! Appreciate all the work that went into getting this up and running.

Crownhiller
    Participant

Yeah – took me forever to find the silly logout link – just tried logging in via blackberry – weirdly it took me to homepage not forum after logging in and the logout link is not accessible – weird. Appreciate the hard work y’all have done though :)

Clamster
    Participant

It would be nice to have the Login link from the forum threads like there was on the old forum. Now you have to back all the way out to log in and then drill back in to the forum thread you want to comment on.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Clamster – I agree that would be good.

I’m here! Welcome back!

Cate
    Participant

GeekySwedes – I can tell already that I miss the Recommendations section of the forum. I thought that was really useful. Can we get that back?

Rudy
    Participant

Geeky Swedes How do we go about creating new groups? Like Cate mentioned, she would like the Recommendations section back, I imagine a group could be created for that. I have an idea for a group as well, but cannot find where to create one.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

@cate @rudy To create groups, go to http://www.myballard.com/groups and click “create a group.” As you go, make sure you enable it to have a forum (it will ask you).

I’ll post a “how to” on groups more broadly here in a bit..

jj
    Participant

All these options for bold, italics, etc, but no preview option? Am I missing something?

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

@jj Don’t think so. You can edit your post for ten minutes after you publish, however.

ladybuk
    Participant

Testing. Testing. One, two, sibilance. Hiya everybody! Glad to finally be a confirmed member of the forum!

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

the “forum” link on the bottom of the page still sends on back to the old forum.

any chance of getting a breadcrumb menu on the bottom as well?

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

@GS the new forum is looking great. Would you fix the link after login to direct to the forum instead of the home page? Thanks

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

@GS, when I am in my own area, I.e., reading a private message, I don’t see a way to go directly back to the forum without using my browser back several times or the MB banner link which won’t bring me to the place I had been within the forum. A return to forum link would be helpful. Thanks

Allison W
    Participant

Can we please lose tagging? There are enough ways to anonymously harass people without that hokey feature.

pennygirl
    Participant

Allison, the tags were the best part of the old, old forum. You just didn’t like them when they were aimed at you. You gave as good as you got though :-)

Catherine
    Participant

Is there any way to see all the message from all the areas (forum, classifieds, groups) at once? I think I miss that most so far… but man the typing in courier is giving me flashbacks – awesome!

Allison W
    Participant

Penny–I don’t think so. I participated a little bit at the start, and then I saw where it was heading and stopped.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Please enable posting links for The Lost pets and Found Pets

very important to me because the contact info for many of these posts is via craigslist.

I know I have given you a list today, but bump this one up? Thanks for all your work on this

Edog
    Participant

Also can’t post links on other threads either.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.