How's it going so far beta testers?

Home Forums Open forum How's it going so far beta testers?

This topic contains 118 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  SmartsyArtsy 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • Author

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Working on the link issue. Says it’s enabled but I have so many anti-spam things running, I bet they’re getting stopped somewhere along the way.

BTW since the new forum was launched, 1730 spammers have attempted to register.

VeganBiker
    Participant

WOW 1730!!!! That is amazing. WHO are these people?????????????? Don’t they have something else to do? Kids? Bored males???? amazing.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

@veganbiker They’re mostly bots.

Trying a link with my special “keymaster” clearance (only works for me right now).

Testing a YouTube embed:

And just a text link:
    http://www.myballard.com

VeganBiker
    Participant

GS – that works…. Should I try my link to the CBC page?

Cory Bergman
    Participant

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Boom. Link issue fixed. “http:” was blacklisted word in spam catcher. Also turned embeds on.

Will see how it goes and will pull it back if it gets out of control.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Looks good, thanks and THANKS for all the work that you are doing!

GAM
    Participant

Vegan: I believe most of the spammers these days are bots. So, nope, they don’t have anything better to do. Ain’t tech grand?

Ernie
    Participant

Ballard City Hall 1915

Edit: image embed not working.

jj
    Participant

Any chance that a mobile-friendly site theme is in the works? The content seems like it would be an (relatively) easy conversion with good theme.

Rudy
    Participant

Geeky Swedes, it looks like some spam-bots are creating groups. Any way to clean those out of there?

Mondoman
    Participant

Yep, the list of groups is now mostly spam groups.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Grrrr. I just deleted them (again) and I turned off the ability for anyone to create a new group. It seems it’s a loophole through the spam filter.

If you’d like to create a group, please email us at tips@myballard.com or post in that latest topic I just published in the forum, and we’ll get you set up.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

A nice to have: Nice if the main link pointed to Forums and not Open Forum

GoldenGardens206
    Participant

Thank You! Thank You! I have been dying to join the community for sometime. Now I no longer have to sit on the sidelines reading all of the fun. All of your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Shelley

Testing. I tried to reply yesterday to a posting in the Reader recommendations group. But it disappeared after I logged out. Maybe this one will hang around?

Shelley

OK still here after hitting submit.

Shelley

Can’t reply to other posts. Just tried to reply to one in the open forum @ 13:31. Am told something like this:

ERROR: Your reply cannot be created at this time.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

@Shelley I just whitelisted your IP. Maybe that will help.

saffythepook
    Participant

Minor gripe: The avatar function doesn’t work with animated gifs. Is there a setting that’ll fix that? My penguins should be moving…

PlantLover
    Participant

This is serious! Saffy’s avatar has already been voted one of the best of all time. Forget the bots and get those penguins rocking again! (Just kidding about the bots, but if you could figure out a way to make that penguin slap his pal again, that would be great). And thank you for all you do for the community!

Anonymous

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I notice that Shelley is a moderator. How did that happen? What functions go along with that?

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

@smartsyartsy Shelley was having bizarre blocking issues; the system thought it was a spammer, so we’re experimenting with boosting privileges temporarily to get around it.

That said, we may offer moderation privileges down the road to forum users who can help us keep the spammers at bay.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

@smartsyartsy Shelley was having bizarre blocking issues; the system thought it was a spammer, so we’re experimenting with boosting privileges temporarily to get around it.

That said, we may offer moderation privileges down the road to forum users who can help us keep the spammers at bay.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.