I miss the old forum..

Home Forums Open forum I miss the old forum..

This topic contains 65 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  waughoutwoud 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)
  • Author

Sunshine’s nice
    Participant

Is it just me? I prefer the old forum a zillion times over and now I only come on when I must. I never sign in smoothly, there’s always an issue signing in and it’s simply not as smooth to navigate anything or find things.

bah

phoo
    Participant

This one kicks me out more often so I have to sign back in, but the sign in process works fine for me. It seems more robust than the old software. I like it.

pennygirl
    Participant

The software might be robust, but the forum is dead. Apart from a few users.

oldguybc
    Participant

Miss the old people more than the old forum, just think about it… whatever happened to <fill in name>?

Oly
    Participant

The new forum is as dead as the old forum had become.

LY
    Participant

Ya, I miss the old forum in many ways, but then again, jeez, there was so much attack and snark whenever anyone deigned to venture an opinion. Yikes! It did not make it easy for people to join in, especially those of us using our real identities. I do think though that the positive comments did outweigh the negative, but the tenor and tone of one negative could wipe away quite a few positive ones. Sigh.

teigyr
    Participant

The snark was entertaining and was somewhat engaging. Toward the end it was insipid and this is downright dull. This one had something the others didn’t and pls note the other forums are gone for the most part — this one appears to be on the way out. Which is a shame for the people who sell advertising for it, the less activity there is the less they can charge. Long live Cesar!

PlantLover
    Participant

What is interesting is that the GS said they changed it in part to allow new subscribers. But it seems that many from the “old” forum, who were posting up to the end, have not joined in. Even Penny seems to lack the energy to post of photo of Emma. And I do not see many new posters either.

But I find the login and other aspects very easy. Not that I found the old one hard….

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

I have seen comments on the home page where members on the old forum are having no luck with joining the new forum.

JM98107
    Participant

Mars Hill, dramatic decline in attendance and giving

Read it in the PI:

Mars Hill megachurch lays off employees, makes intense appeals for money

Shelley

Where’s 1der and who is he anyway? ;)

Wasn’t that the record thread ever? And outside of the first screen or two ….

PlantLover
    Participant

Well, it was the longest thread because it was mostly people posting YouTube and other videos. I don’t think the 1der question was ever resolved. Penny seemed to know. Oh well, whatever. I would like StopGo to show up too. Maybe rescue a stolen dog or something.

I found this new forum very easy to join and I am usually challenged by technology.

pennygirl
    Participant

It was my who is 1der? music thread. A bit of an in joke between me and GG. Second to that in length was the footie thread. Only a few people participated in both, most of whom are long gone.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

The pick up basketball game at QFC between the employees and homeless people was an Epic thread

Gilman gal
    Participant

I love that I can see who started the threads, here on the new forum.

Hi Penny!
    So I guess 1der moved out of your basement?!

I ran into Reba today.

pennygirl
    Participant

He’s still here in spirit GG :-)

Reba. Wow!

teigyr
    Participant

There were several epic threads. Cesar too, I kind of miss Cesar and the garnish….what WAS the garnishes name again? Doug11 with the hot girlfriend, the list goes on. The basketball one, I keep looking for that game and haven’t found it yet.

Shelley

Evil Mini Van Lady thread was quite epic too!

Mr Crankypants is missed though he departed before I was able to sign up on the old forum

VeganBiker
    Participant

Hi Folks – Here is my 2 cents, or 1p pence (in current GB pounds sterling)
    An online forum is only what the participants make it! So if it is dull and boring- spice it up. One good thing that the GS did is add some filters so that the idiots like cesar and fabio etc can’t get on here and if they do it is not for long. These community forums are a great way to connect with your neighbors and inform each other about things that are happening locally. One can also have discussions about interesting topics and local events. But if you want to harass people and argue with and insult other people there are a lot of forums on the web that are there specifically for that, so if you want to do that go out there and find them.
    Personally I am happy with this new format the way it is, I also think that if you want to spice it up you probably could but the “trolls” that used to catch on to that stuff are filtered out for the most part so here we are. We have an opportunity to create a community forum that is both entertaining and informative to all of us. Can we do that?
    And it is FREE! Thank you Geeky Swedes

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Cheers VB

What about the attempted return of a red purse at the consignment shop… Good Times

VeganBiker
    Participant

Yes PG how come no Emma Peel avatar?

VeganBiker
    Participant

pg – sorry but I couldn’t resist it cariad. :)

VeganBiker
    Participant

bh – cheers back to you dude. :)

VeganBiker
    Participant

bh – Uh? was that vb or pg?

VeganBiker
    Participant

bh – ha ha did I imbibe more or did you? :)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.