Jimmy John's is coming

Home Forums Open forum Jimmy John's is coming

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  xylilo 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

donarb
    Participant

Looks like the building on 15th/Market is getting more crowded, Jimmy John’s “Gourmet Sandwiches” is coming. Here’s a permit request for a sign on the building, address #106 (which is probably on 15th or the NE corner of the building on 56th).

http://web1.seattle.gov/DPD/permitstatus/Project.aspx?id=6417088

Now cue the griping about overpriced sandwiches, growth, etc. but JJ buys locally and sustainably. And you can skip worrying about parking as JJ delivers and caters.

Edog
    Participant

Their owner is also a big game hunter. Warning: If you want to see a fat hick standing proudly over an elephant he shot, click on the link below.

http://www.smilepolitely.com/splog/jimmy_john_is_a_big_man._with_the_photos_to_prove_it/

Sunset Hill David
    Participant

I wonder when Five Guys is going to open.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

@edog: I’m boycotting Jimmy John’s based on those photos. That guy is garbage.

Mondoman
    Participant

Looking forward to trying out Jimmy John’s AND Five Guys.

Rudy
    Participant

Elephant tears aside, I don’t mind an occasional Jimmy Johns sandwich when I am short on time for lunch. They aren’t expensive and very quick.

gracie
    Participant

I,have been to Jimmy John a couple of times.
    But sorry I cannot patron a place where the owner slaughters exotic animal for sport.
    And Jimmy, you are right. He is nothing but garbage.

great idea
    Participant

will they be serving the corned-leopard reubens?

Edog
    Participant

I don’t usually apply a purity test to my purchases. I mean when I buy stuff from a big business, I know its from a large organization that’s probably doing more than a few things I don’t like. Such is life in a world driven by organizations, but there is something about those images that really bug me.

As far as their product, I had to buy one in a pinch. (Hungry crying child with no other options) I think their idea of a sub is better than subways.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I love JJ’s, I frequent the one downtown at Westlake & Harrison when doing my errands in that area. I’m no fan of big game hunting but if I boycotted every business based on the activities of the owner(s)that I did not agree with I don’t think I’d have many choices of places to go.

The appeal of JJ’s in the speed in which you get your food. once you order it’s usually only about 2 minutes to get your sandwich. plus they deliver using bicycles so you get you food faster.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

@sunsethillguy: I don’t boycott businesses simply because I disagree with their owners. I disagree with a whole lot of people. However, killing animals for fun is barbaric and totally offensive. I know many do not agree with me and they probably think it’s their god given right as a ‘murican to murder helpless animals, but in my mind, his behavior is right up there with slavery and child abuse.

For anyone who is still hungry for a Club Lulu, after seeing a photo of Jimmy John smiling while holding up a carcass of a leopard that he just outsmarted, then more power to you. You will probably live a happier life than people who aren’t okay with these things.

gracie
    Participant

+1 jimmyrustler.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

Jimmy – I’m no fan of Child abuse, Slavery or big game Hunting. heck I’m not a fan of any so-called sport that involves killing anything. I doubt I’ve like Mr. Jimmy John if I met him in person but that alone will not cause me to stop eating at the business he owns.

maybe I should stop buying Gasoline because I don’t care for the Human Rights Abuses in Saudi Arabia and other countries that supply us with oil too? no business is 100% pure no matter who the owners are, should I punish the little guy who bought a franchise and is trying to make a living just because the corporate head is someone who engages in an activity I don’t care for?

I own a small business, not in the food service industry mind you, but I can’t pick and chose the moral and ethical values of the other companies I do business with that easily if I want to make a living.

Mondoman
    Participant

SHG – not sure if tardising around meddling in alien civilizations is quite the typical small business. However, I AM glad you’re not responsible for any cattle mutilations that don’t serve 5 Guys. :)

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

Mondo – it’s a good cover to hide my trips ;)

and honestly I have yet to try 5 guys, is it that great?

Allison W
    Participant

JJs is icky, but the big game pics really super gross me out.

great idea
    Participant

I can picture five guys carrying big ol’ jimmy john around while he shoots a rhino or similar.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

@sunsethillguy: For me, boycotting a business is based on a few different factors.

The first thing I take into consideration is “how much do I disagree with their behavior”? This is like a 1-10 scale with 1=I’m not really a fan of their behavior and 10=I think their behavior is disgusting. The higher on the scale, and the less likely I am to give money to that business.

The next thing I consider is “How easy would it be to avoid this business?” Boycotting gasoline, while I would love to do it, would be a huge inconvenience for me. I’m not saying it’s impossible, just that it would make my life really difficult. Avoiding a sandwich shop is not so difficult.

Also, when you wrote “should I punish the little guy who bought a franchise and is trying to make a living. . .” They may be individually owned franchises but when did we start referring to people who own a piece of a nationwide chain of sandwich shops (which probably help put small independent sandwich shops out of business) the “little guy?”

Sure, I know the owners of the individual Jimmy John’s are small business owners and they would suffer from a mass boycott. If a boycott really did hurt them, these business owners might just have to find some other business to own and that would be sad. Then again, they aren’t the ones being chased down and murdered by some redneck with a high-powered rifle. If anything the “little guys” in this scenario are the animals.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

well I’ll just agree to disagree with you about my continued patronage of JJ’s. You obviously are very passionate about this, I am not. I might be thinking about it briefly when I plunk down my $8.21 for my #1 Pepe with no tomato and a medium drink this afternoon but it won’t stop me from enjoying a sandwich I find delicious to eat.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

All boycotting talk aside, I’m going to miss their sandwiches. Funny thing is, my favorite was the Hunter’s Club (#10). I should have known!

xylilo
    Participant

For reading of latest news regarding to events and activities of community this is quite helpful site for followers. After hiring of help from online writer you can write quality assignment work that is free from any kind of flaw.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.