Large response between 14th and 10th on Market

Home Forums Open forum Large response between 14th and 10th on Market

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  oldguybc 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

phoo
    Participant

I was driving by and saw a huge response, blocking both westbound lanes. I saw several police cars and some large vehicles I could not identify because it was dark. I looked at realtime 911 and it said there was a closed aid response on 14th/market, but that doesn’t explain why 4 blocks were blocked off. A chemical spill? A raid of some sort? Whatever it was, it was big. Anyone have a clue?

Shelley

Not much to go on. Nothing listed in the 911 incident map except the fire dept aid response.

http://web6.seattle.gov/mnm/incidentresponse.aspx

There was a hazard call last night (7:59 PM) on the 911 map

phoo
    Participant

Unless the hazard took 12 hours to clean up, that probably isn’t it. Sometime we’ll have to get a community scanner and pass the “find out” duty around so no one gets burnt out on it. :)

VeganBiker
    Participant

phoo – you are right.. Silver, where are you now?

Shelley

Phoo, I used to truck down to the basement to listen to the scanner when I heard the sirens, but I’ve gotten very lazy recently because the KOMO scanner is almost(*) as good. And I just bookmarked it on my tablet and laptop.

http://www.komonews.com/scanner

(*) almost: I have no idea how my late husband did it, but he programmed it and somehow it seems to have a little more intelligibility and slightly more North Seattle stuff.

phoo
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll check that out next time. It was a big enough response I thought maybe someone would have heard something on the news, but no dice.

Life is amazing
    Participant

Hi Shelley,
    Sorry you have a late husband.
    Don’t know anything about it and not asking- just wanted to say that.

oldguybc
    Participant

Shelley, will always remember your late husband, he was a breath of fresh air and always very up on what was going down, will regret not hooking up with him on his trip to the Bay Area a few years back, would have loved to gotten to know him in person.
    We lose so many wonderful people in our lives, sometimes it is the price we pay for longevity.
    RIP Alferd…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.