Lost Chocolate Lab

Home Forums Open forum Lost Chocolate Lab

This topic contains 27 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  SmartsyArtsy 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Troy
    Participant

Sweet old family member wandered off this evening and has not returned. She is mostly blind and mostly deaf. We live on the corner of 16th and 77th. She has a collar and rabies tag from Aurora Vet. Her name is Maggi and she is badly missed. Please call Troy at 206-280-9551 or Danielle at 206-735-0703.

gracie
    Participant

Any signs of her? I will drive by that area and look.

Troy
    Participant

she is still missing. Have checked the animal shelter website, posted on CL and checked the Facebook site for lost and found pets. we are about to head out too. thank you!

gracie
    Participant

I drove around and didn’t see her . Might try some posters in area. On my way back from Northgate will keep an eye out for her. Thinking maybe in someone’s yard or porch. Could she be in your backyard where you wouldn’t see her at first. Might even try asking around. Best of luck.

robert
    Participant

Sorry to hear your lab is missing.
    Be sure to use the ROMPS lost and found database. It can help broaden the search for missing pets.

https://web1.seattle.gov/dea/romps/

PamD
    Participant

Hi Troy – I second Gracie’s suggestion of hanging posters in the vicinity around your home – it’s a good, solid way to spread awareness to those who live in your neighborhood and nearby, who may have seen her but who aren’t on the web much. Missing Pet Partnership provides great tips on poster design. Also, Lost Dogs of Seattle, Three Retrievers Pet Rescue and Lost & Found Pets of Wa State all have active Facebook pages you can reach out to by sending a photo/info, as well.

If there’s anything you need help with, please let us know.

Life is amazing
    Participant

I live very close and will do a walk around today. Can she hear at all? Is my calling her useful or not? I wonder if she isn’t under some bush staying put not knowing what to do next. If we all looked around our blocks in any bushy areas that may help.

gracie
    Participant

Someone has to have her, I’m hoping. Can’t imagine her not being seen by someone. Come on Maggie make an appearance!
    I don’t live right by there but close and drove around twice and didn’t see her. Lots of alleys in that area I discovered. I was also looking on porches and yards as I slowly drove around that area.

Troy
    Participant

Thanks everyone…for your ideas and support. Still no Maggi, although I had to go to work today so I’m hoping that she is in the backyard. We’ve called the Animal Shelter and gotten the updated list. We called the line that lists any animals that are dead and have been picked up. We called our vet. I placed a post on Craigslist. We had the cashier at Red Sun Market (now a new name) on 15th call last night and tell me that somebody had come in and reported seeing some people attempting to catch a matching dog over by 70th and 11th so we ran over there with another 20 flyers…no luck.

As for her hearing, she is pretty deaf. She can hear some lower bass tones, and feel vibrations. As for seeing, she can see better at a distance, but I sense that her vision is mostly blurry and that she can basically only see movements. She does have a good sniffer though.

Troy
    Participant

Oh, and I also tried to send out a pet amber alert but think that they just took my money. Let me know if anyone gets a call or text like that so I can know if they are actually doing it. Thanks!!!

Troy
    Participant

Does anyone know if there is a way to see if a dog being held at the Animal Shelter is Maggie if the shelter is closed until Wednesday? They seem to regularly update the phone database but not the online list. There is a dog that could match her description that was brought in today from 63rd and 15th NW listed on the phone but they don’t show any new animals online in the past couple of days. Thanks!

Aunt Salad
    Participant

SmartsyArtsy volunteers there. I will shoot her an email and see what she can do to help. Fingers and toes crossed it is your pup.

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I can look at the most recent record input (before they show to the public online) but I see no listing at all. sorry, since they are closed now, I cannot get anyone on the phone now. I have a pretty packed day tomorrow, but will try to get down there.

You posted no photo on CL or on here, so I wouldn’t know if it was she anyhow.

Please try to focus on the fact that she is probably warm and fed tonight.

Troy
    Participant

Thank you! My avatar is a picture of Maggi’s gray chin, her collar and her rabies tag. It took me awhile to get the right picture early on. If you can get by there I would really appreciate it, but understand if not. Thank you all again!

Troy
    Participant

SmartsyArtsy, I just sent you a PM with the case number that I heard on the recording.

Miss Julie
    Participant

Hey, I am a foster parent for the shelter and need to swing by tomorrow for some supplies. I will look for her. I can enter the building even if it’s closed or after-hours.

Troy
    Participant

Miss Julie,

I just sent you a PM with a case number and my phone number. Thank you!

gracie
    Participant

Good on you Miss Julie. Keeping fingers crossed it’s Maggie. Please let us know.

Troy
    Participant

Neighbors,
    According to the chip number, it IS Maggi! Thank you everyone for all the good help, tips and support. Another reason that we are so glad to live in Ballard.

Troy

Nora Bell
    Participant

Whoop! Was hoping for a happy ending. Smartsy Artsy and Julie, you ladies are wonderful.

gracie
    Participant

I AM SO HAPPY! I have worried about your Maggi being out in this cold weather or getting close to 15th N.W.
    Hugs to Maggi!!
    Gold stars to Smartsy Artsy and Miss Julie.

Miss Julie
    Participant

She is definitely there and they will release her today! She was snuggled in a big blanket. :)

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

I am so happy they will release her today!! she;ll be back home being loved very soon.

Troy
    Participant

I was able to pick her up this early afternoon. She is tired, a bit sore, and may have had a small stroke. But I took her to the office today and she perked up when we got there. She has spent most her days there since she was born so I’m sure it felt familiar to her. Thank you all again, for all of the help!

Troy
    “It Takes a Village”!

Life is amazing
    Participant

YAY!!!!

did some wonderful soul pick her up?

when my brat girl got thrown in the clink after escaping for a joy ride around the neighborhood (as opposed to your sweet girl who got confused and needed sanctuary) they wouldn’t give me her rescuers number(of course) but were kind enough to give them mine.

turns out this wonderful woman jumped out of her car in the middle of 15th and 80th where my girl was terrified running around in circles with cars honking and driving around her, and herded her into her car even though her old dog was in there and she was afraid of what my large German shepherd might do to him. she said she just had to trust because she “just couldn’t leave her there.” she is an angel.

I’m so very glad some angel made sure your girl was safe for you. it does indeed take a village and you are clearly such wonderful dog parents. what a lucky girl maggy is.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.