News for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood and beyond

My Ballard header image 2

MyBallard is Ten Years Old

Home Forums Open forum MyBallard is Ten Years Old

This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pennygirl pennygirl 1 week ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Congratulations!

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

Indeed! Although I’m a little surpised it’s still here.

Huzzah, huzzah, etc.

Profile photo of Miss Wahoo
    Miss Wahoo
    Participant

Happy anniversary. This website sure has changed. Glad I was able to meet several other people who posted here before, well, the wheels kinda fell off. NextDoor is very different, and doesn’t really measure up when it comes to a feeling of community.

Even so – I’m glad this website hasn’t been shut down yet.

Profile photo of VeganBiker
    VeganBiker
    Participant

Haha – 10 years old! A lot has changed in that time. This forum has basically been abandoned. It used to be a lot of fun to come here and play but that all changed.
    Ah well RIP to the old MyBallard Forum.
    The main page does try to keep up with the latest Ballard news and that is good.

I hope all the old participants are still out there and doing well. All the best to you in this new world we have.

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Make the forum great again. We miss pickles…

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Miss Pickles, huh? Sure being sarcastic. BUT she is 4 now, still tiny, weighs 5#. Developed hyper sensitivity where would attack herself then seizure. Had horrific wounds from this. Then couple months ago injured and tongue swollen to where couldn’t eat, drink, total distress. New vet who saved her life. Was told would have to put her down if steroid shots didn’t work. Just hours before to bring her back to be put down her tongue went down and ok. And few weeks later the hyper sensitivity and seizures quit. She is still not happy with new addition..a year and half old dog who really wants to be pals.
    see what happens when you mention Pickles. Bet sorry now!

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Wow, sorry to hear about the little kitty’s illness.

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Thanks. The seizures and attacking hard to watch. Twice I tried to stop the attack part and ended up in doctor’s office with pretty badly bitten thumb. She couldn’t help it as in seizure.my doc wanted me to wear super heavy gloves around her, which of course I didn’t.
    I would love to see this forum come alive again. You, Penny, Buffalo, oldguy, Wahoo and the rest. BRING BACK THE FORUM FOLKS.

Profile photo of great idea
    great idea
    Participant

“…and the rest”? now I know how the Professor and Mary Ann Summers felt in those early episodes.

I’m glad to see your posts still have that ‘telegram-like’ style, gracie– brings back fond memories.

I agree Miss Wahoo that Nextdoor is very different, although there’s some good entertainment there (especially with two of the leads– one a conspiracy-theorist and another former frequent poster of this site who thinks Ballard’s been going to hell in a hand-basket for years and years now). it gets old though, the obsession with garbage, homeless, potholes, etc.

it would be interesting if this forum suddenly had some sort of resurgence

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Hi Great Idea! Sorry for not putting your name. Had a brain fart right then trying to remember names. There were so many great people (and a few rather not remember!!) I am not sure what telegram writing is but no need to explain.
    And I agree about Nextdoor. Those two leads going at it and the obsession with garbage, homeless, that mental guy who hates women apparently, the police and our mayor. Does get tiresome.

Profile photo of great idea
    great idea
    Participant

hi gracie– sometimes it seems like you’re composing your posts as telegrams:
    “Had horrific wounds from this(stop). New vet who saved her life (stop).

it’s as if you’re dictating it or trying to save money on words, but trust me, it’s endearing (even if Edog used to call you out on it).

he and pennygirl used to have some great rapport here. I sometimes think of her when I go to that hillbilly QFC on Holman road (as I did today).

ironically, today I also saw that mental guy gracie refers to above who has a 7000+ comment thread about him on Nextdoor. he was just strolling down the street minding his own business.

Nextdoor can not replace the great dialogue we had here. something about the anonymity and self-policing was conducive to some more well-rounded discussions (as opposed to having two particular ‘leads’ who set their agenda on Nextdoor which only serves to skew the thinking of actual neighbors).

so, are you all rooting for the Falcons on Sunday?

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Great Idea, I had been told I was too “wordy” so tried to cut it back (stop). Although there were some nasty trolls here, like one who hoped a person’s house would burn down (thinkm it was Pennygirl) I enjoyed most of banter. Miss banter with Buffalo. Hope he married that girl who also posted here. Sounded like perfect for him and his Mini Me daughter. (Oh my god, I do write telegram style! (Stop)
    I am not a football fan but yeah Falcons!

Profile photo of VeganBiker
    VeganBiker
    Participant

Go Falcons! Patriots are too involved with Der PumpkinFuhrer.

And FWIW, on MyBallard we can probably talk about the crazy guy that is now the supposed POTUS!

Profile photo of waughoutwoud
    waughoutwoud
    Participant

I remember the trolls that’s why a lot of us like me wouldn’t talk much. I also remember everyone meeting up in Ballard to hang out and I thought that was cool of you all. The conversations among the regulars was always fun when everyone got along. It’s just the rude people that made the place annoying. They need a block button or something.

Profile photo of pennygirl
    pennygirl
    Participant

“Although there were some nasty trolls here, like one who hoped a person’s house would burn down (thinkm it was Pennygirl) I enjoyed most of banter”

Incorrect. And really insulting, Gracie. Do you really think I would hope that someone’s house would burn down?

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Pennygirl…so not saying you said that. Reading post again can see where you would get that idea. I was saying I thought you were the one who was the victim of that hateful comment about burning house down.
    sooooo sorry for the misunderstanding.

Profile photo of pennygirl
    pennygirl
    Participant

Ahh. It was the house up the street from me. Someone made a supposedly funny comment about the house burning down, before taking into account that it was my neighbours and their dogs. The dogs didn’t survive.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar