Nordic Heritage Museum

Home Forums Open forum Nordic Heritage Museum

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  terryj 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Are there others that think the new Nordic Heritage Museum is an awful piece of architecture? Compare the museum with what it might have been, perhaps something inspired from a stave church; http://www.wondermondo.com/Countries/E/Norway/SognOgFjordane/BorgundStaveChurch.htm

Instead we get “Shipping Container”. But you should see the architects PR line about this, it is unbelievable, “..invoking fiords and glaciers…”. Right.

After being a Museum member for years and years, I will not renew, as it seems I have been giving my money to folks who appear have no artistic taste and to be total dupes. Please tear it down now, and build something more lovable. A big blank walled box, how absurd…agh. Prisons look better.

freeballard
    Participant

I bet the inside will look amazing, but the outside wall facing Market street — where everyone sees it — is certainly plain and shipping-container-esque.

Perhaps the inside will be better, but the released drawings show the inside as big blank flat white walls. Wall board?…Couldn’t use that natural wood, like the inside of a real Nordic abode? Would naturally weathered rough-cut lumber cost a whole lot more than sheet-rock? Which would have looked better?

terryj
    Participant

why so bitter “eric the peaceful gardener”

Maybe you should have offered them your architectural skills.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.