parking issues

Home Forums Open forum parking issues

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Shane Dillon 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

great idea
    Participant

I know parking in Ballard has become a real conundrum for many people.

lately, I have seen a large number of people who can not find parking on the street (or don’t want to more likely).

their solution is to park in the lower part of the driveway. this usually entails the front of the car even with the street and the back well into the sidewalk.

on my evening run, I encountered about two situations like this per block.
    the car is often occupying over half of the sidewalk.

I don’t have the energy to report you all, so please don’t park like this.

Richy
    Participant

When I was I child the Sheriff told me that it was ok to climb over the car that was blocking the sidewalk.

Shelley

I heard it was OK to do the same for cars that creep into the crosswalks too. :)

I did see a few weeks ago, a parking enforcement guy putting tickets on several cars and contractor trucks on 64th that were obstructing the sidewalk. One of the truck guys was none too happy about it. He kept following the PE guy screaming at him.

Shane Dillon
    Participant

Parking over the last few years has become a real problem in Ballard especially in the evenings. Anyone wanting to head over to eat at any of the restaurants better be prepared to drive around a few times looking for a spot!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.