Sad State Of Affairs

Home Forums Open forum Sad State Of Affairs

This topic contains 79 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  VeganBiker 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author

SunsetHillMarauder
    Participant

If you believe that it is dead, then it surely will be. Let all hope of a revival wither and die in a negative self-fulfilling group-think prophecy.
    Or, believe in the forum, and nurse it back to health, do not give up until it is truly dead. Do not despair, do not quit.

What would Russel Wilson say about you lot. Lord.

gracie
    Participant

I have been trying to log in forever. Amazingly got right in today. And by the way Monorail, Pickles is doing just fine, thank you.

Kate
    Participant

For the past few weeks, I thought this site was dead because I when I’d go to MyBallard I’d get a page that said:

“Site Offline

This website has been disabled for technical reasons. Please contact the site administrator for more information.”

Today I used Firefox instead of Chrome and, by golly, it’s still here!

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

looks like we’re fixed, sure hope it stays that way

GAM
    Participant

Indeed! Would have been nice to have had a word of explanation when things started going south, but I’m glad we’re back.

great idea
    Participant

@ Kate, everyone is giving up chrome and going back to firefox.

the forum is back and we all need to embrace it.

I really believe this is a much better outlet than ballard tribune, nextdoor, etc.

let’s keep the anonymous dialogue rolling, folks!

great idea
    Participant

how cool is it that a post appears immediately after you post it??

it’s really the little things in life that we’ve taken for granted…

Monorail Driver
    Participant

Glad to hear Pickles is doing well. I was getting worried.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I never used Chrome all that much because it was a memory hog on my computer, Firefox has been my browser of choice since Netscape navigator died many moons ago.

yes I do tried NextDoor but as was said before it’s too much NIMBY posts and there’s no way to see all the neighborhoods, I can’t get Whittier Heights but I can Broadview? makes no sense to me

PlantLover
    Participant

Not only did it log me in immediately, it went to the thread I had been on, instead of throwing me back to click on “open forum.”

OK, now out to enjoy the sunshine.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Wow are we doing great now! Things are working here.

Shelley

Hmmm. Well not entirely fixed. I can’t reply on two threads. But login way faster.

EDIT: And the reply shows up right away when you can reply.

Allison W
    Participant

Aren’t Netscape and Firefox/Mozilla the same thing?

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

not exactly Netscape Navigator was the browser of choice in the 90s until AOL took them over, they then created Mozilla to house their source code and it was re-done and eventually became Firefox in 2002

Netscape Navigator lived on until around 2008

oldguybc
    Participant

We broke again? Just logged in after a couple of weeks can’t seem to post, hope this comes up within a day or two and gives me an idea of what the delay is…
    Hello to all, OG…

VeganBiker
    Participant

oldguybc – it is not stable to say the least!

VeganBiker
    Participant

But that got posted reasonably fast!
    Hey you are missing all the fantastic, sunny days that we are having up here!

Crownhiller
    Participant

Aw c’mon VB – was MyBallard ever really “stable” – aren’t we all a bit on the looney side? :)

Shelley

Stables are for horses?

But seriously, I tried to post a reply a couple of days ago in the WPZ elephant thread and got this the message similar to “Your reply could not be posted at this time” Maybe that was a long reply or something and that got it kicked out.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Crownhiller – Ha, you are correct! Most of the folks who post on the forum are not necessarily “stable”, I can personally attest to that fact!:)
    However, back in the day, one could get on the forum and while away many an hour participating in or watching some fast moving debates, arguments and rants about all manner of things. Glorious fun whilst enjoying a glass of some favorite beverage.

Shelly – I was using the word in the form of:
    “not changing or fluctuating : unvarying <in stable condition>”

FYI, there are no nags, fillies, geldings, stallions, mares, broncos or shunka wakan in my “stable” environment.. FWIW.. :)

oldguybc
    Participant

VB, we really could use a lot more rain, very boring, sunny and 70-75 every day, one can handle just so much paradise, after all…

Shelley

Ya know, what this place needs is some good ole PUI (posting under the influence). Well that and a few politically incorrect go-rounds with Teigyr and Pokerguy and 1der and pennygirl and appearances from H8 and the North Korean and where’s Cesar when we need someone bot to pick on….

Edog
    Participant

The hood has so drastically changed in the last few months, that I don’t think anyone is left to post.

phoo
    Participant

Edog: Should we take bets on how long it will take the make up of Ballard to mirror what Fremont has turned into? Currently there are still some affordable businesses here and a few people still living in relatively affordable apartments.

Edog
    Participant

I think the transition is well underway and will be complete by mid-summer.

And never mind the rent; wait until the warm weather gets the parties going. I predict this is going to be the noisiest summer in Ballard ever. The dream of every new resident seems to be cramming 25 of their “friends” into a 1000 square foot townhome/apartment to get drunk as hell before they go out!

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.