Stolen Concrete Gargoyles near Nordic Heritage Museum

Home Forums Open forum Stolen Concrete Gargoyles near Nordic Heritage Museum

This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Darth Satan 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

RLH
    Participant

Much to my dismay, after pouring my first cup of morning coffee and opening my front door, I realized that some idiot(s) stole our home’s beloved concrete gargoyles! These guys were epoxied down to the concrete stoop and weighed at least 120lbs each. It happened sometime between 7p and 6a on Wednesday night. Any leads or sightings are much appreciated!

Allison W
    Participant

That’s just wrong. Sorry to hear that.

BallardChick82
    Participant

Angeline
    Participant

that’s awful!

Mondoman
    Participant

Sad to see the “after” — you have an interesting and quirky decorating sense!

Darrell Toland
    Participant

Keep an eye out on Craigs list etc. That sucks.

Richy
    Participant

Another Gargoyle was stolen from a house in Haller Lake tonight
    It was witnessed, licence # and reported to police –
    Folks protect your statuary !

BallardChick82
    Participant

Richy, where did you read about this? Wonder if it’s the same group of kids…

Mondoman
    Participant

You know, maybe we’re thinking about it all wrong. Has anyone seen a repainted 50’s ambulance around labeled “Ecto-1”? Could be that the gargoyles aren’t stolen, but rather have come to life as part of some major paranormal energy event.

Richy
    Participant

BC82, it was forwarded to from my son – posted on “Nextdoor – Haller Lake”

My family sat down to dinner tonight and witnessed a male in a late model Oldsmobile, painted matte black, stop in front of our mailbox, get out, and steal a gargoyle statue from our neighbor’s front yard. Broad daylight. We were so shocked, we barely got the license plate as they drove off!

RLH
    Participant

Great news! Any chance you could pass along the license plate? My wife has resources in that arena…

Nora Bell
    Participant

Oh, no! I’m sorry. I hope you find who took them.

Richy
    Participant

RLH – sent you a PM

gracie
    Participant

Weird gargoyles are being targeted. Hope the thieves are busted very soon.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

so sorry to hear that, hope you get them back

Wendy Giberson
    Participant

Ours were stolen today!!!! I am SO PISSED. Sorry to hear it happened to you too.

pennygirl
    Participant

It appears to have been happening for a few years. How odd.

http://www.westseattleherald.com/2012/06/25/police-blotter/police-blotter-week-6-25-12

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Seattle has a serial gargoyle thief.

pennygirl
    Participant

Maybe they’ll all suddenly show up somewhere. Multiple gargoyles in front of the Fremont Troll, or on the grounds of a local school.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Been said before with missing gargoyles. Check basements, garages, sheds of your and neighbors. This time of year doors are left open and gargoyles go in and end up locked inside. Also look up. Possibly got treed by a dog.

signed gracie ;)

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

That is it! Now I know what my next line will be. With angeline’s idea of exploding ink oaks in their base, I will begin pouring gargoyles and install them around Ballard. When they are yanked off their base, the ink will explode just after activating a camera. Who is in on this venture?

In VT, my birdbath was stolen by young hoodlums who liked her bare breasts. at least that is what the ransom letter said. https://www.facebook.com/BotanicalsOnClay/photos/a.119196021614443.1073741828.118513968349315/239813409552703/?type=1&theater

gracie
    Participant

Buffalo – now someone here will think I did post something like that! You turkey. Made me laugh.
    It is very weird with these missing gargoyles. If a nightclub, bar, cafe, coffee shop opens up with gargoyle theme, know where they came from.
    I think the exploding dye pack is great.
    Richy – Have your friend drive on NW 65th, on the right hand side of road heading west, at about 30th there is a car that matches that description. It’s parked there a lot.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Did Ballard High School do there Sr prank yet? That would make sense.

pennygirl
    Participant

A high school prank was at the back of my mind BH.

Darth Satan
    Participant

That feels a little quaint given how sophisticated kids are these days with all their twitter and sex education.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.