Survey for my thesis

Home Forums Open forum Survey for my thesis

This topic contains 13 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  David Knaut 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

David Knaut
    Participant

Dear Ballard resident,

My name is David Knaut and I’m working on my thesis through my German University FU Berlin (Free University of Berlin). German you may wonder? Yes, I moved from Germany to Ballard about a year ago and I am working on my Diploma thesis at the Department of Geography. I am currently researching the history of Ballard and am particularly interested in the social changes that have occurred in the Ballard neighborhood. I would greatly appreciate it if you would take a few minutes and complete my online questionnaire at:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Ballard-Change

This short 7-10 minute anonymous questionnaire will help me to show who the people of Ballard are. The results of this anonymous survey will be aggregated and individual responses will not be used or revealed in this research. The information provided will be strictly confidential and will not be used in any commercial matter.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
    David Knaut

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

done

LY
    Participant

Could not answer question number 7 as all the numbers filled themselves in, one through ten. I don’t know if that is an idiosyncrasy of my computer, or if it is a defect in the survey. Certainly it does not reflect how I would actually answer the question. You ought to have a place for comments.

GAM
    Participant

Question #7 initially assigned numbers to all the options, but for me they then reordered themselves as I changed ones. A little weird, but nice, once I figured out the interface.

David, please post your results and your history when it’s complete. I know I’d enjoy learning what you find, as would others here, I’m sure. Danke!

Rudy
    Participant

Completed. Like others have stated, it would be interesting to see your findings. Please post back when you finish if possible.

Curtis
    Participant

Done! And as others have stated, I’d like to see what this all adds up to.

LY
    Participant

GAM: You have the power!

Life is amazing
    Participant

Done.
    Gee, Im fascinating

David Knaut
    Participant

Thank you to all who have done the survey already! About the problem with question number 7: I know the computer will fill in the numbers once you pick one but you still are able to change the other ones so you can put them in your own order.

I will post some results once I am done, however my thesis will be in german so I will only post what is understandable.

@ly: I could try to delete your survey, but therefore I need to know almost all your answers, so I know which one is yours.

Thank you again, David.

LY
    Participant

Hi David, I would say, mine is the one where question #7 is answered in order from one down to ten as I was not allowed to change any of the numbers regardless of how many times I tried with different ones. I have lived here for 28 years (thus the affordable housing question! LOL! Must be looked at in context) and moved from Queen Anne. Three of us in the house. Hope that helps.

Mondoman
    Participant

David, if you haven’t looked there yet, the US Census will have all kinds of actual statistically-valid information that would boost the credibility of your project.

David Knaut
    Participant

I will use census data too and there is a report by the Deparment of Planning and development which includes some demographic and housing informations about Ballard (if somebody is interested). It is called Ballard existing conditions report.

Link:
    http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/cs/groups/pan/@pan/documents/web_informational/s048045.pdf

Thank you again for your help.
    David

PlantLover
    Participant

How are you defining Ballard? I live up in hillbilly land (north of 85th) but have lived in and around Ballard for more than 30 years. I would be willing to do the survey, but as a literal out-lier, you may not want me to.

David Knaut
    Participant

@ PlantLover: That is a good question, since there is no real definition for it. I would define Ballard like the Ballard District Council because it would be the most offical one: “One of the 13 neighborhood district in Seattle, Ballard is bounded by the shores of Shilshole Bay, Salmon Bay, 8th Ave NW, and NW 110th Street.” (From their homepage) However some parts of my research will concentrate on the boundaries of the Hub Urban Village, but this survey is for capturing people’s opinion, so I would be fine if you take it. I can’t really control it anyways. Thank you so for asking.
    David

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.