News for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood and beyond

My Ballard header image 2

Talk about ND Ballard

Home Forums Open forum Talk about ND Ballard

This topic contains 90 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Salmon Bay Salmon Bay 7 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VeganBiker
    VeganBiker
    Participant

Let’s talk about what is happening on the NextDoor Ballard forum pages here.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Personally I think the ND site is starting to get a little out of hand! What do you say?

Profile photo of Salmon Bay
    Salmon Bay
    Participant

Nextdoor is a sh*t show. Avril the lead is highly biased, unfair with moderation and just a negative bitter person. I saw her post some crazy stuff late Friday night, calling Mayor Murray supporters azzholes. She deleted it, but someone took a screen shot and reposted it. She deleted that too, and left a rambling post about how she’s close to AARP age and gets confused sometimes between her email and Nextdoor. So a nice ageist insult too. It appeared as if she was drunk.
    Someone else called Deborah Bach out about her activity on My Ballard, and she denied it. LOL.
    The whole Erica Barnett drama is funny. Total cat fight. Just like the cat fight that seemed to be going on this weekend on Nextdoor.
    Paranoia really rules that site. #hysteria

Profile photo of ironymaiden
    ironymaiden
    Participant

oh, you forgot #gaslighting, where the person who goes on about gaslighting edits their comments to make responses to them look overblown.

i’m amused that Avril changed her name on Nextdoor to be different from the name she does business under. lots of legit reasons for the mismatch, but it sure looks like reputation management…

VeganBiker
    Participant

Thanks for the info SB and ironymaiden – what a crazy time it is on ND right now, it makes me laugh! People get so serious about what they believe is right.
    Glad that a couple of you are still logging into this site. :)

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Thanks for the hysteria update. I’ve had a few requests to join NextDoor, but haven’t had time for more chatting.

Profile photo of Catherine
    Catherine
    Participant

Seems the Ballard ND group has all the drama. All I see are posts about Mason bees, gravel availability, things for sale, missing/found pets, heads up package thefts are ramping up again, etc.

Different strokes I guess.

ironymaiden
    Participant

i have a friend who lives around Licton Springs who says her ND is similar to Ballard, but with extra racism :/

Profile photo of great idea
    great idea
    Participant

hah!
    thanks for creating this thread, vb.

the Nextdoor site is highly amusing imho. the recent drama calling out one of the leads pointed out above were reminiscent of old MyBallard.

funny what Salmon Bay said about the lead– there was another post about a dog in a bar that just seemed like some inebriated rambling, so good to see there is some consistency.

they are OBSESSED with Erica Barnett on that site. some Nextdoor users have even created fake twitter accounts to attack her. I believe there have been 2 or 3 threads specifically about her, whether it’s her poorly researched Atlantic piece, or her sitting next to Mike O’Brien during his office hours (which somehow makes people uncomfortable).

and good ol’ compass rose continues to think the sky is falling. was it one year ago that things started getting bad, or three? I can’t remember. I do recall some great threads ridiculing the greenways and some new developments which were to shi-shi for her tastes. I wish I would’ve seen the denial of such participation.

I don’t think that site is sustainable (not like this was). I noticed there were some advertisements a few weeks ago, and I suppose we will see more. fwiw, I don’t participate on that site, but lurk every now and again for the entertainment factor

Profile photo of SEdholm
    SEdholm
    Participant

I guess I am glad I stayed away from it? Then again, it also sounds entertaining.

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

From what I understand, in order to view what is going on in Nextdoor you have to be member.
    So is that true? Is that how you folks here know what is being said, etc? So you are members too. Correct?

ironymaiden
    Participant

i was confused about ND for a long time because MyBallard is part of “Next Door Media”. so i would read about people being crazy on NextDoor and i was like, yeah, people did get kind of hyperbolic on MyBallard.

i actually joined ND to see if the hysteria thing was accurate. i thought that was overblown until there was an event invite to a pro-HALA meeting, and then my eyes were opened. it wasn’t pretty, and a lead was part of the ugliness.

that said, i’ve gotten some good recommendations for neighborhood stuff like i used to get here. there are plenty of people who aren’t crazy. it got a bit better after i took Loyal Heights off of my list (they seemed to have the most hysterical people). alas, i live in the ‘hood with the lead everyone is complaining about.

VeganBiker
    Participant

GI – you are welcome! And I hope ND lasts as long or longer than MB.

VeganBiker
    Participant

gracie – to become a member of ND you have to use your real name and give the system your real address etc. it is all legit and above board however the crazy people still rant and rave only now you have an idea of who they are. :)

VeganBiker
    Participant

ironymaiden – I have also found the ND site to be very useful looking for things that have happened in the area and keeping track of all the campers and trash along the trails. The idea of ND is really a great tool for the neighborhood and I hope it works out and is not polluted by trolls and nasty people.

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

Only a couple of hours ago, as I passed Molly’s and reminisced about meeting Old Guy and others there that I was thinking perhaps I should join ND and get back in the loop.

This thread sure cured me of THAT!

Thanks for the save!

Profile photo of pennygirl
    pennygirl
    Participant

Hello all! I thought this forum was long gone. Glad to see that it isn’t completely dead!

VeganBiker
    Participant

Hello PG, glad to see that you are still checking MB.
    Every now and then someone tries to resuscitate this site. :)

Salmon Bay
    Participant

It looks like Avril is on a Nextdoor time out and Compass Rose has toned it down quite a bit. Nobody talking about Erica Barnett because those two aren’t. LMFAO about ND. It really is just the same stupidity over and over and over again.

Profile photo of Crownhiller
    Crownhiller
    Participant

The more I hear about ND, the more glad I am to have not gotten involved – I’m sure it has it’s usefulness but if I’m going to be snarky, I prefer to do it undercover ;o) – KIDDING!

I too thought this joint had bit the dust – nice to see some action once again

crownhiller

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Compass Rose is on ND? Anyone care to share her real name?

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Vegan Biker, why is Julie Albright obsessed with you? What did you do to set her crankiness off? I guess it doesn’t take much, she’s generally very disagreeable.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Salmon Bay – darn if I know what got her going, she referenced “vegan biker” in 2 posts! I think maybe she is not bike friendly?
    She is very outspoken on the forum!

Salmon Bay
    Participant

I thought a post may have been removed that would explain her vitriol. I guess the only explanation is this forum thread you started? Who knows, there is a lot of emotion on Nextdoor…

Profile photo of great idea
    great idea
    Participant

yes, there is lots of emotion.

maybe her vitriol involves confusion?
    “Amazingly enough, we rode bikes before the Burke Gilman Trail. (Which begs the question: why is Northlake Blvd clogged with bikes, when the BGT is 20 feet away? Just curious.”

there is no such Northlake Blvd in Seattle. you’d think someone that has lived here for 125 years would know better.

it is funny that she would go so far as to accuse several others of being the infamous VeganBiker!

now there are others (former lutefisk eating champs at that), who are trying to ‘keep the Seafood fest thread on topic’ when in fact, one of the more sensible people on that forum (a guy named Alex) had not known about the BCC’s obstructionist ways. I think lots of new-comers to Ballard don’t realize the politics at play with the missing link.

gracie, I won’t share Compass Rose’s real name but she does continue to decry Ballard and keeps threatening to move, especially given the “horrifying” situation where two men were found dead in alleys within a one mile radius of her house.

besides the entertainment factor, Nextdoor has been good to find local services and give-aways. I suppose that’s what this site used to do.

like Crownhiller, I will stick to anonymity for the most part regarding local blogs. there’s just too much drama that I don’t need following me around in perpetuity.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar