News for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood and beyond

My Ballard header image 2

Talk about ND Ballard

Home Forums Open forum Talk about ND Ballard

This topic contains 90 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Salmon Bay Salmon Bay 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

I joined and having second thoughts. Do like the informational ones, I.e., recommended services, sales, etc. But there are some snarky folks chiming in and the wendy whiners if you don’t agree. I was surprised to find out Vegan Biker a male. Always here enjoyed his posts. But man that Julie person sure has it in for him. She is very abrasive and annoying to read.

Profile photo of Salmon Bay
    Salmon Bay
    Participant

Avril is back out of the penalty box in all her glory. Her life as she knows it is over because they are building Nextdoor to her ( I had to!). On her own thread with 20 posts to whine about it, 10 of them are by her.
    I’ll bet the catfighting is about to start again. It is a new moon tomorrow….

Profile photo of Miss Wahoo
    Miss Wahoo
    Participant

I was on NextDoor for about 15 seconds, but backed out immediately (for reasons I’ll keep to myself for now). I was always curious where people from our forum had migrated, because I figured they probably all hadn’t decided to suddenly keep their own counsel.

In regards to the new moon, the known crazies I see frequently, and usually find tiresome (even on the best of days) remained calm today, and seemed to be on their best behavior. Which is surprising because we were all out working for hours in the hot sun. So let’s hope it’s true for everyone else.

Profile photo of VeganBiker
    VeganBiker
    Participant

Gracie – I thought you knew that I was the “old” guy that used to give away maps and bike info down at the Sunday Ballard Farmers Market! I thought I met you once down there? Maybe not!

Miss Wahoo – now I want to know your “reasons” :)

I’ll be howling at the full moon on the 20th!

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Vegan Biker, no, not me.

Profile photo of Edog
    Edog
    Participant

Well part of the problem is the internet is no fun anymore. I mean, anonymous sane people who pretend to be insane is fun, while people posting under their own name trying to be sane just comes across as plan crazy.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Edog – that is true!

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Fun! It’s fun for that urbanized idiot cranky troll with 39+ Gravatars.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Nextdoor has been remarkably drama free without The “Lead”, Compass Rose and Julie Albright posting. Much less #hysteria, #gaslighting, #scolding. It seems almost pleasant now!

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

I still haven’t figured out which one is Compass Rose.

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

Let the mystery be.

Profile photo of NWCitizen
    NWCitizen
    Participant

Glad to see this forum is still alive and that some of the more rational people are posting. I left because of all the nastiness, ad hominem attacks, and stereotyping.

Hi VB! Hope you are well.

VeganBiker
    Participant

NWCitizen, alive and kicking! And most of the time I can remember my password for this site! :)

Profile photo of great idea
    great idea
    Participant

so I am curious– did Nextdoor remove the flagging feature?

granted, I don’t check into that site very often but was surprised to see that I could only ‘thank’ posts and not ‘flag’ any.

the site has calmed down a bit. although now there are folks on there claiming that they can not maintain their alley and use it as a personal wildlife refuge.

there’s another funny thread where the greenway on 17th is being blamed for higher traffic on 16th and other adjacent streets.

when you make one street more pedestrian and bike friendly, this is a likely outcome, but I highly doubt it’s really so terrible.

on that same thread, there are people complaining about the traffic bulb at 17th and 80th because it slows down their precious commute and others even suggesting we remove stop signs because no one pays attention to them!

I personally enjoy when compass rose, avril, julie, etc. participate on that forum as it becomes so much more entertaining!

Profile photo of pennygirl
    pennygirl
    Participant

Julie Albright used to be on this forum, but I don’t remember what screen name she used.

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

The Facebook page, Welcome to Murraysville, has some interesting photos and commentary about Seattle/Ballard.

Profile photo of Crownhiller
    Crownhiller
    Participant

Actually Great Idea – the impacts on 16th are pretty accurate (and no – I’m not part of Next door so wasn’t me posting ;o). The worst place I’ve encountered since the change is the intersection at 83rd & 16th – for some reason, after they put a stop sign at 17th & 83rd, no one thinks they need to pause/look at 16th/83rd anymore. It’s always been a problematic spot (as most similar intersections are) but definitely an uptick in near misses.

The thing I’ve noticed most is people trying to bypass the increased traffic backups on 15th – many more cars flying down 16th, especially in the morning hours – which, given the number of very young children that have recently moved to the area is a disaster waiting to happen.

Profile photo of great idea
    great idea
    Participant

fair enough Crownhiller.

with our added density, I’m still glad the city installed these greenways to make getting around by foot or bike a safer endeavor.

it makes sense that there would be increased traffic elsewhere and that sucks to be on one of the adjacent streets. hopefully some corrections (no right turn or such) can happen to mollify things.
    ironically I remember compass rose complaining about her street becoming a greenway. I guess some things will always be horrifying to certain people.

now can someone answer my question as to whether ND still has the flagging feature? that’s pretty much all I ever did over there, usually just to irk others

VeganBiker
    Participant

gi – yes you can still “flag” a post on ND, I just checked and the option is still there but I didn’t “flag” anything so I am not sure that it works but it is still an option.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

And Compass Rose today started yet another post on ND about how sick and tired she is of Ballard, Ballard “is under siege”, the sky is falling and the world is ending…

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

Maybe she’ll scare everyone away from ND like she did here.

Pity.

VeganBiker
    Participant

So Salmon Bay are you saying that Deborah Bach is Compass Rose on MB?

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

Love ’em or hate ’em, I don’t think we should be outing people here. They can out themselves if they care to.

Profile photo of LY
    LY
    Participant

Edog (Where’s Hugh?): I always figured you had a guiding mantra. I’ve missed your humor.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

I agree with GAM, no overt outing here.
    VB, you might find this article interesting, especially the picture captions.
    http://threesheetsnw.com/blog/2009/09/on-port-townsends-waterfront-a-new-hub-for-maritime-culture/#lightbox/1/

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar