News for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood and beyond

My Ballard header image 2

Talk about ND Ballard

Home Forums Open forum Talk about ND Ballard

This topic contains 90 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Salmon Bay Salmon Bay 10 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VeganBiker
    VeganBiker
    Participant

GAM – you are correct and now I can’t edit or remove that message! Darn.

Profile photo of great idea
    great idea
    Participant

VB how could you???!

that’s fine. she lets the world know how terrifying Ballard has become since there are people with shopping carts walking around and she is inconvenienced by neighbors blocking her garage since they don’t want to park on the street and have their tools stolen.

I still don’t get why the flagging feature is no longer available for me on ND. it used to be right next to the ‘thank’. maybe some ‘lead’ blackballed me

Profile photo of Salmon Bay
    Salmon Bay
    Participant

GI, I think the flagging feature isn’t available on the mobile app. If you’re on a computer, you should see it.

Profile photo of Sunflower
    Sunflower
    Participant

On the mobile app, at the bottom of the comment on the right hand side are three dots… click on that and you can either flag or mute.

I assume they moved it because it would be too easy to accidentally flag otherwise; I know my fat thumbs have accidentally hit “thank” more than once.

And I avoid the negativity and only post on Nextdoor for lost-and-found, or to give stuff away. Also I bought an awesome punch bowl set last month!

Profile photo of oldguybc
    oldguybc
    Participant

Hey! Is anyone home up there? Pennygirl, Edog, GAM, VB, GI, who else?
    Am doing OK down here in the valley of the silly- cone, miss the old forum, is it back or has it been replaced? Are the Swedes still running it?

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

Hey, OG! Glad to see you’re still checking in.

I still lurk here, and comment once in a blue moon. I haven’t followed the riff-raff to the other site. I assume the Swedes are still around, but they are quiet as church mice.

Let us know the next time you head up this way. I think enough of us keep an eye on this site that we could wrangle a posse for Molly’s.

Profile photo of PlantLover
    PlantLover
    Participant

I am on the ND for the hillbilly region. We don’t seem to have much drama. Just the occasional lost cat=outdoor cat=irresponsible owner – that sort of thing. Or maybe my tolerance for drama is higher.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Well, in the cosmopolitan region of Ballard, ND drama mostly revolves around Compass Rose now. When she posts that Ballard is under siege and the apocalypse has arrived, the drama starts, she attacks people and the leads have to pop in to try to cool it off. When she doesn’t post, it’s cats, dogs, free items, for sale, gardening and the occasional “everyone who isn’t like me is suspicious” posting. At least the toxic “Lead” doesn’t post much anymore. I’m sure the ND people had to give her some strong direction.

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Sad day after the Brexit market, I am already seeing bankers, hedge fund workers and mutual fund managers begging under the Ballard Bridge. They need just a few more cans of Steel Reserve –anything helps. Dog Bless.

great idea
    Participant

I finally figured out the flagging feature. they did kind of hide it so that it would be less tempting.

Sunflower– I have also inadvertently thanked people with my big doughy fingers. I think if you hit thank again, it ‘unthanks’ them.

I personally enjoy compass rose’s ridiculous comments. particularly when there’s lots of people getting priced out of Ballard and other neighborhoods, it’s good to know that some people “chose to live here and don’t want the stress of moving… oh wait it’s time to live on my boat for awhile– hope no one steals my car while I’m out sailing”

VeganBiker
    Participant

“A picture is worth a thousand words”

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Error: You have entered an incorrect CAPTCHA value.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Are you human?

Profile photo of Edog
    Edog
    Participant

The only thing that could make that clip scarier is a theremin!

great idea
    Participant

what the hell is that Edog??

back to Nextdoor, there is now a long thread about saving an historic house from the wrecking ball (at 20th & 61st).

the former owner even chimed in to say how sad it was and how they were pushed out by all the garbage, etc.

of course she failed to mention that they bought the house in 2012 for $700k then sold it in 2015 for over $1.2 mil. not a bad return for 3 years– gotta hand it to those carpetbaggers!

VeganBiker
    Participant

gi – that is an interesting thread! I liked that the former owner added the real perspective to it all. She did mention that they didn’t want to spend $400K or more to upgrade the home, and they apparently spent a lot on it after they bought it. Given the circumstances I think I would have done the same. They have kids and they could use that money for education purposes etc. So I think they did the right thing. The poor guy to the north of the house on 20th is going to have an unfortunate view when they get done, I bet he sells soon after.

The thing is as I see it, any house south of 65th, east of 28th and west of 14th is ripe for being bought by a developer and demolished then replaced by one or more 3 story homes, so anyone buying in that area should be aware of that before they buy.

great idea
    Participant

oh, I definitely would’ve sold!

but I would hardly blame the ‘loud noise from 20th which made it impossible for my kids to sleep’.

20th is not a loud street, not nearly as bad as 24th or 15th so I find that very disingenuous. clearly, they sold out and bought their quiet enclave up north– good for them.

I agree that entire area is obviously experiencing massive redevelopment and unless you’re getting in on that, it would be a silly place to buy

Profile photo of Edog
    Edog
    Participant

Don’t you know anything about taxidermy, Greatidea? Someone, probably from Wisconsin, took a badger, shoved a theremin up its b*tt, and gave it to someone with a classical education in music performance.

Profile photo of iPlod
    iPlod
    Participant

I joined my local ND down here in Auburn. It’s pretty well run and even the mayor pays attention and responds to legitimate gripes before the Chicken Littles have a chance to blow things out of proportion. The entertainment value can’t compare to Ballard though.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

haha, now someone is calling out Compass Rose on ND, letting everyone know that the cops are familiar with her and that she’s a pain in their sides and “willfully spreading falsehoods”. Go figure…

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

No one on ND mentioned any names, so perhaps you’re the one spreading falsehoods, Salmon Bay, aka Mike Burkett.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

OMG, how did you figure out who I was? It must be your mad journalistic investigative reporting skills. LOL!!!

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Your charming personality is unmistakable.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Oh, ouch, that really hurts, coming from the most despised person on this site and on Nextdoor. Well, to be fair, you may be the second most despised person on Nextdoor, right after your buddy Avril.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Though I didn’t call anyone out by name on ND you know exactly who I’m talking about. It’s funny how on one thread you’re a perfect angel talking about how “un-neighbourly” it was of me to accuse people, and here you are accusing Salmon of being Mike. How amusing.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar