News for Seattle's Ballard neighborhood and beyond

My Ballard header image 2

Talk about ND Ballard

Home Forums Open forum Talk about ND Ballard

This topic contains 90 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Salmon Bay Salmon Bay 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Yawn, I go away for a week and find the same goobers running the forum. Has it been taken over by high schoolers? Don’t you have jobs?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I don’t know who you’re referring to, “Anya,” nor do I care.

This is why I haven’t posted here in months, and why this forum is dead. Most of the remaining handful of people here behave like petty children.

See ya.

Profile photo of Salmon Bay
    Salmon Bay
    Participant

Great comments from the two most childish posters on here! CR, I thought you didn’t post here because nobody likes you. You now have the Nextdoor sandbox to play in with your pal the toxic lead. It is great to see you get called out all the time on Nextdoor for your bigotry, hatefulness and your constant whining about how Ballard is at the breaking point, under siege, Armageddon is surely here, life is horrible, you’re sick and tired of it. Sheesh, talk about childish. Here’s some advice, try to see the good things in life.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

And now the toxic lead on Nextdoor, Avril McLane has changed her name to Theresa Barlow. Why follow the site’s rules if you’re the lead? What happened? Did too many people complain about Avril so now she’s changing her nom de plume? I though you were supposed to use your real name.

OH, BTW, Compass Rose, Anya was referring to you. We all knew that from Nextdoor even.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

You put my name in quotations like you were selling out some state secret that only you know. News flash: I outed myself. No judgement on those who guard their names, I just don’t care to. What I do care about is Ballard and the amount of people pretending to care but only using that “caring” to spew their own distorted views of reality and anger. The sky is not falling, there is no conspiracy against people with homes, the streets of Ballard are still the safest place I have ever walked. We have things to clean up, that’s for sure, but this is in no way unique to us. It takes a very narrow-minded, or sheltered, person to think these things are life shattering. JM98107… do you not see how hypocritical it is to open up with ‘yawn’ and then accuse others of being high schoolers? All you needed was an eye roll and hair twirl to complete the angsty teenage girl role. It would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

Profile photo of JM98107
    JM98107
    Participant

Ok, so now it’s the Real Housewives of Sunset Hill fussing about activities on an entirely different website. What a waste of time.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

JM98107, yes, don’t waste your time here. Buh bye. BTW, I liked your old drunk troll avatar. It was so much more fitting.

Profile photo of cdpenne
    cdpenne
    Participant

Well Howdy! I wasn’t sure there would be any newish threads – haven’t checked in quite awhile. I was reading about three very sick individuals (one of them the mother) who shot up a 10 year old with meth, raped her, strangled her, dismembered her, and then set her corpse on fire in the bathtub. Perhaps you’ve heard about it. There’s a lot of us down here in Albuquerque who aren’t quite sure what to make of this, including me. So like any ‘normal’ person I wander on down to the bottom of the page and take a look at a few of the comments. They don’t help much. But before you know it, I’m logging in to Disquis which I haven’t done in many months and the next thought that pops into my head is “I wonder if anything is brewing over on MyBallard these days. I’m struck by my own curious desire to go ‘chat’ with people on a forum. They have ND down here of course but I never find anyone arguing. They don’t really have a forum per se, just standard posts and most of those are about garage sales and futons for sale.

Well, anyway, I kind of miss it – MyBallard, the forum, all of it frankly, even the battles I had with several of you. There is a value in putting thought into written words. It is a discovery of self and other and creates involvement in the community. Perhaps some of that exists on FB, but people tend to rely on memes to much now for that to be worthwhile. I think there was a time and place in history that seems to have passed. We had a good thing going there for a while. It was fun.

BTW, if I said the exact same thing on the last revival thread, I’m sorry.

Greetings and well wishes from the desert.

PS – FWIW I pegged Compass Rose from the day she first reared her Nimby head, it’s in the record :-)

Profile photo of cdpenne
    cdpenne
    Participant

Well, apparently the record is gone. That’s probably good riddance.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Welcome followers of Erica C. Barnett! Yes, it’s been a fun conversation about our favorite local NIMBY whiners!

Profile photo of GAM
    GAM
    Participant

They pretty killed what was still alive here. Must they now flog the dead horse?

Miss you, cdpenne! Thanks for the update!

Profile photo of pennygirl
    pennygirl
    Participant

Hello all!

Profile photo of Crownhiller
    Crownhiller
    Participant

Apparently they must Gam ;o)

Happy to be out of Ballard frankly – have not seen my husband so relaxed in years! I reluctantly signed up for Next Door where I live now, thinking of this thread – turns out to be very…well, neighborly and sweet. Not perfect, but not what I half-expected after reading this thread –

keep safe and happy trails Ballard

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Haha, now Compass Rose has changed her profile here to Anonymous. As if. At least she hardly posts on Nextdoor anymore. And Avril the lead continues her ludicrous “the developers and the mayor are all in cahoots and out to get me” shtick. She posted some impossible story some developer “told her over the phone” about how the mayor’s office gives him secret information because he donated to the election campaign and the mayor is trying to get people to sell their homes by allowing homeless drug addicts to thrive. She was deleting people’s posts to make her story look better and then I think she finally deleted the thread herself. Unless Nextdoor did it after several people complained to them. Without Avril and Compass Rose and a few other wingnuts, Nextdoor would be downright pleasant and valuable.

Profile photo of gracie
    gracie
    Participant

Salmon Bay, I read that garbage about Mayor giving “secret” information. She needs to be monitored and not being one to censor. There is a guy who is very belligerent, argue all the time. I see his name and glaze over.

Salmon Bay
    Participant

Gracie, I think there are a few like that. Always whining about Mike O’Brien and the mayor and the homeless. One in particular guy was also stalking and harassing Erica C. Barnett, she blocked him from her twitter and blog. T

Viewing 16 posts - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar