Traffic gridlock

Home Forums Open forum Traffic gridlock

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  SunsetHillGuy 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

JM98107
    Participant

Wow, anyone else caught in that traffic mess on Tuesday? Why did it take so long to clear highway 99 after a non-fatal accident? Seattle appears to be so incredibly inept when dealing with emergencies.

SEdholm
    Participant

I was caught. I was off to a concert, left around 7 and got there (after trying to find parking by the CLink) around 8:30. I should have actually taken 99 and gotten off at the last stop possible, not go to Mercer like google maps told me.

I have a feeling since it wasn’t an easy spot (tight side to side) and it was a semi on it’s side, that takes a bit. Plus you have to figure out what happened, blah blah blah.

Richy
    Participant

Angeline
    Participant

Yes. We had to get from our house in Fremont to Ballard HS, then across the canal to McClure, up on Queen Anne. Based on the online traffic map and what I observed going N on 99 a bit earlier in the afternoon, I decided to head back across 65th to 99 rather than attempt 15th. I’m not sure that was the best idea, but we did make it to our event just a tidge late. The trip took around 45 minutes total. We left the house at 6:15.

Others coming from Ballard were even later. I’m not sure whether they tried 15th and it was worse, or whether they simply left later than us.

There was also a fairly major wreck on the Aurora bridge at about 4:30 that blocked the two center lanes and snarled traffic all through Fremont because people could not enter 99. What a mess!

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I got caught up in it a bit, bus from capital hill was late, I waited 16 minutes for it to go to the U district to catch the 48 home. apparently the 48 was running late too (10 minutes) but that was nothing compared to the 44. one lady I talked to had been waiting for almost an hour for one and the one bus away app said it would be almost another hour before it got there!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.