Your spam software is keeping out long time posters

Home Forums Open forum Your spam software is keeping out long time posters

This topic contains 22 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  woodchucker 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

see my post under “hows it going…”

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I had the same problem a few days ago, I submitted my username and swore that I wasn’t a spammer and got back in the other day. Not sure what the glitch is but hopefully it gets fixed soon

gracie
    Participant

Been wondering where some of the posters have been.

Mondoman
    Participant

Swearing — now that’s an honest old-time non-spamming Ballardite!

Novalis
    Participant

Having trouble with my computer login saying it’s a spammer, though my tablet doesn’t have any problems.

JoyBird
    Participant

AprilJoy here. I created a new login. It works on my tablet, only. Did anyone get the form to fill out and to kindly ask to be added to the White List? I have sent a request in twice and also an email but never heard back.

Shelley

Interesting. No login required to post a comment to an article on the “front” page. Yet seems like many folk are locked out of the discussions on the forum.

Ernie
    Participant

I haven’t been able to post from my phone, which I use for 90% of my web surfing, but apparently I’m able to log on from my work computer. I’m even locked out of the front page where, as Shelly pointed out, no log in is required.

I’ve filled out the form 3 times and sent an email with no response.

I’m getting kind of tire of MB anyway, so if I’m never heard of again I guess it’ll mean I didn’t get white-listed.

I sure wish we had a site that was the caliber of West Seattle Blog in our neck of the woods.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I did fill out the form and eventually got back in after a few days (three I think), I never got a reply just was able to login one day.

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Apologies everyone, it’s a rather stringent anti-spam system, and I’m working to get folks approved. Will get another batch done..

Geeky Swedes
    Keymaster

Update: Just whitelisted everyone who filled out the form. Very oddly, it kicked into high gear over the last few days, and it shouldn’t block existing users. I loosened up the spam restrictions so that shouldn’t happen as often. Again, apologies.

BTW, it has rejected 32,106 bot spam attempts since the beginning of the year.

Thanks again for your patience!

Miss Wahoo
    Participant

Thanks, Geeky Swedes – I was really surprised to discover I was one of those who’d been blocked! I was wondering why things had become so quiet around here.

Allison W
    Participant

I’m in!

plasticbags
    Participant

I’m back too.

VeganBiker
    Participant

Thanks to the GS I am back here again! Boy did I miss my daily MB fix… :)

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

Welcome Back everyone

Curtis
    Participant

Not that I post that often, but I’m back on too.

Angeline
    Participant

Thanks, glad to be back in!

Crownhiller
    Participant

Ditto Curtis – wondered what the heck was going on around here :)

lakreitz
    Participant

Back! And just in time, so that I could tell everyone to go shopping at PFI (mondoman’s chick pea thread).

Novalis
    Participant

Thank you, can login on my Computer now.

phoo
    Participant

It’s good to be back.

woodchucker
    Participant

Glad to see you back. You’ve been missed.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.