Zayda Buddy's closing on Sunday

Home Forums Open forum Zayda Buddy's closing on Sunday

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SunsetHillGuy 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

donarb
    Participant

Heard from a friend that Zayda Buddy’s is closing, last day is this Sunday. No word on why.

Mondoman
    Participant

As are Bauhaus & Twice Sold Tales (see Seattle Times). Perhaps rent increases, or just a convenient time of year to reconsider one’s commitment to a business?

JM98107
    Participant

I am sorry to see BauHaus closing and employees losing their jobs.

SEdholm
    Participant

Lou98107
    Participant

I never visited BauHaus. I intended to, but…I just don’t travel to that part of downtown Ballard anymore. I feel kind of bad now.

Zayda Buddy’s always seemed busy and boisterous, although it could have been because of the volume, which often makes restaurants appear busier than they actually are. I’m sorry they’re closing, they were around a long time (although for us, their food was hit or miss). Where WILL the poor Velveeta lovers go now?

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

sorry to see Twice Sold & Zayda’s go. I used to frequent them more often when I had reasons to be in Downtown Ballard.

Twice Sold has moved around a lot. as I recall this version of it has been in Wallingford & the U District as well.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

well I got this reply on Facebook from Twice sold Tales/Ballard:

Well, with luck, we can stay. For right now, I’m continuing to be in business, although once the coffee shop closes entry will only be through the door on 20th.

MidWest
    Participant

Zayda Buddys was pulling some sketchy sh*t, so I’m NOT surprised Joel Radins’ businesses went down. Gotta take running a business seriously.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

so the Ballard Twice Sold Tales posted this:

http://booksellersvsbestsellers.blogspot.com/2015/12/twice-sold-tales-in-ballard-endures.html

Several people have inquired about opening a new coffee shop in the Bauhaus space, but it seems the landlord can’t negotiate with them until he’s in control of the space. And that’s tied up in a bankruptcy, or will be, is my understanding.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.