Update: The fire department is back out there again after residents reported smelling gas again just before 2 p.m. (Thanks Cass for the tip.)
Earlier: Firefighters responded just before 8 this morning to 1537 NW 56th St. — the address of the Keelson apartments — for a report of a natural gas leak.
When they arrived, they detected enough gas in the air to begin evacuating the 7-story building, according to the scanner. Puget Sound Energy arrived to scene to investigate.
By 9:45 a.m., the leak was contained and fire crews had packed up and left.
(Thanks Silver for the updates!)