> Want to add an event? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
“CONSENT AT EVERY AGE: Why and How We Need to Talk to Our Young People About Consent” with Jo Langford, M.A.
March 29 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
PNW Parent Education, a nonprofit based here in Ballard, is presenting a FREE online presentation titled “Consent at Every Age: Why and How We Need to Talk to Our Young People About Consent” with Jo Langford, M.A.
Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 7:00 pm.
Register via eventbrite: https://jolangfordconsent2023.eventbrite.com
All registrants will receive an email with the recording following the event.
With our evolution both culturally and technologically, a new awareness is emerging about why and how we need to speak to our young people about consent.
In this talk with Jo Langford, M.A., we will take a deep dive into all things consent, including:
– A comparison of passive and affirmative consent
– A breakdown of the biggest hurdles and potholes young people face with regard to consent, and how we can counterbalance them.
– Definitions and discussions of concepts such as true consent, virginity and rape culture
– Primers on gender issues, adolescent brain development and best practices for negotiating consent with screens
– Tips and tricks for parents, a healthy dose of Q&A and a few fun games.
Jo Langford is a dad, a Master’s level therapist, author, and sex educator for tweens, teens, and parents in Seattle, Washington. For the last 20 years, Jo has worked in the intersection of adolescence, sexuality, technology, and behavior. His work promotes healthy, positive, and safe sexual and social behavior.