> Want to add an event? Submit it here.
- This event has passed.
Desktop Publishing Overview- short class!
May 31 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm$149
Our half-day class combines lively discussion, informative and enjoyable presentation, and hands-on time with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop. At only 3 hours, it’s a great way to get to know us and our teaching style. Once completed, you’ll be well-equipped to deepen your knowledge with our thorough and very hands-on Essentials or Foundations classes.
This class was designed to teach you how the technologies and software applications we use to edit images, create graphics and logos, and to lay out documents, all work together. Along the way, you’ll learn many terms and concepts you need to avoid pitfalls and successfully publish to any medium.
You will complete the class knowing whether the tasks you need to perform require the use of Illustrator or InDesign, how to approach Photoshop to enhance or combine images, why an Acrobat PDF can have so many options, which file formats best suit your needs—and much more. Just as importantly, you’ll learn what you don’t need to learn.
Who should take this class?
• You! If you’re new to publishing workflows
• Those who are contemplating a job in “desktop” publishing and design
• Those preparing to learn Photoshop: you’ll grasp the basic concepts behind combining images, color correction, and retouching, so you can focus on the tools in our Photoshop classes rather than struggle with the vocabulary or interface
• Those preparing to learn Illustrator: you’ll learn the nature, use, and core strategies of vector graphics so you can focus on Illustrator’s tools
• Those preparing to learn InDesign: understand what’s behind page layout—the methods of combining images and text—and be forewarned about InDesign’s pitfalls
• Those who want to get the most out of any single Adobe creative application—or all of them!
• Those of you already in the industry, but with lingering “basic” questions
Check the link for registration info, and more dates this class is offered.
Luminous Works was founded by teachers who love to teach; Ballard based since 2006. We’re family owned and an Adobe Authorized Training Center.