$1,000 for 190 sq ft Micro Apartment in Ballard

Home Forums Open forum $1,000 for 190 sq ft Micro Apartment in Ballard

This topic contains 26 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I agree a lot with the cost being outrageous, I work in the rental industry and remember 20 years ago when the top market price for a decent 1 bed was $555, now it’s closer to $1800, over $2000 in some areas.

there are still a few bargains here & there but you have to look carefully. I had a 1055 sq ft 2 bed priced at $1600 sit open for over a month last year and it was listed on craigslist with the Property Management company I use.

sad thing is all too many of these places are now owned by corporations and not actual mom & pop people like they used to be. for most of these companies it’s all about the bottom line and squeezing as much out of people as they can get not providing a reasonable place to stay at an affordable price that is actually in line with what the lower middle class earns.

I will probably move out of Ballard someday down the line just because I don’t foresee myself being able to afford the cost of living forever and my family has been in this neighborhood for over a century. so I’ll turn out the lights for you all because isn’t going to get any better any time soon sadly.

Anonymous

“for most of these companies it’s all about the bottom line and squeezing as much out of people as they can get not providing a reasonable place to stay at an affordable price that is actually in line with what the lower middle class earns.”

Sadly, yup.

That must be sad about thinking of leaving Ballard when your family has been here so long, SHG.

We’ll probably eventually leave too. We plan to go traveling in a few years and figured we’d come back to Ballard, but I’m not so sure now.

It was fun while it lasted, but the neighborhood’s changing so much. At the moment we still like it, but I’m not sure we’ll feel that way 10 years from now.

:(

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.