4 days before the Superbowl, nary a Skittle in sight!

Home Forums Open forum 4 days before the Superbowl, nary a Skittle in sight!

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 15 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

Walked down the candy aisle at Fred Meyer and noticed three empty Skittles boxes. It made me laugh then wonder if Seattle is sold out when it comes to Skittles?

Ernie
    Participant

As of 30 minutes ago they still had skittles at the QFC on 24th. We bought 6 bags!

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

That’s good to know Ernie! There was a little boy who was disappointed to find all boxes empty.

Cate
    Participant

What is the Skittles deal anyway?

Anonymous

There’s where all the skittles went…
    There's where all the skittles went...

AprilJoy Greenwell
    Participant

Marshawn Lynch just loves Skittles.From LA Times :

The Seattle running back’s mom used to give him the “power pellets” every time he scored a touchdown when he was a kid. And Seahawks fans have been rewarding him similarly, making it rain the tasty treat from the stands whenever he enters the end zone for their beloved team.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-marshawn-lynch-skittles-20140128,0,6089181.story#ixzz2rqoBnqvxate:

Marigold
    Participant

Any one seen the limited edition Seattle skittles yet? Blue and Green! I need some, post any sightings-they were recently announced…

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10363225/super-bowl-marshawn-lynch-seattle-seahawks-agrees-deal-skittles

SmartsyArtsy
    Participant

Kids are going to school tomorrow in their blue and green. I was in Joann’s this evening and saw a few harried parents buying material.

I didn’t know about the skittles.

Cate
    Participant

Not to rain on anybodies parade, but will all this silliness be over on Monday? (I did see the Cheerios and Budheiser ads for the game – they are pretty awesome.)

Allison W
    Participant

Cate– yes, or at least by the middle of the week if the Seahawks win.

SEdholm
    Participant

If we lose, it will be over by Tuesday, we win? Going to be around for a bit.

I noticed Monday or last Friday that Bartells downtown was sold out. Luckily the party I am going to has a couple 5 pound bags so we are set. I have to pick up my 12th can tonight though.

Anonymous

Cate +1

Nora Bell
    Participant

Got mine at 711. But even they are running a bit low, it appears. I wouldn’t normally purchase candy in the name of football, but we’re talkin’ about Skittles here.

Anonymous

Nice seeing you & Anne last night! -> NB
    Looking for the earring now!

Nora Bell
    Participant

Heh. You could be known as the ‘One Earring Fan.’ Always a lovely surprise running into you, GG. :-)
    The earrings, if any here are curious, are being sold at The Smokeshop for a good cause for $5. Green and blue feather with the number 12 painted on in glitter paint. A bit arts and crafts, but proceeds going to the animal shelter in honor of Puppy Bowl.

Anonymous

Girl man girl?????

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.