Ballard Ave New Bar Application

Home Forums Open forum Ballard Ave New Bar Application

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  briarrose 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Avocado Head
    Participant

oldguybc
    Participant

Wouldn’t feel comfortable in a Hipster bar, Avo…
    They are usually very strange people that talk about some real weird shit from my experiences, don’t think that seriousness is in their vocabulary
    Hey guy, went to a bar in Vegas you’d like a lot, called Nacho Daddy, downtown about a block off Fremont, not sure of the side street… lotsa Patron Anejo (the bar standard at $10 a pop), fantastic Margaritas in a mason jar, scorpion shots (had 2 myself, not all that bad, sorta chewy) and lotsa very pretty girls of all ages… my kind of place.

briarrose
    Participant

old no real Ballardite feels very comfortable these days in Ballard. Seafood Fest was a snooze with bad food to boot. Oh well this too will pass.

Edog
    Participant

I’m not sure how it passes. I know neighborhoods run hot and cold in the fad world, but this place it crazy busy and there are no signs of it letting up. Every night, including Sunday and Monday, Ballard Ave. is packed with people who are clearly here for the destination. A few more years of this and Ballard will have more in common with Georgetown in Washington, D.C. than Fremont next door. And I say this as relative newbie!

Nora Bell
    Participant

Heh. Scary that I can link most of those themes with an existing Ballard bar.

briarrose
    Participant

It always passes edog. Of course those who think they are hip never realize when they no longer are.

Lou98107
    Participant

It always passes edog. Of course those who think they are hip never realize when they no longer are.

I hope you’re right. But considering the number of big, new residential buildings in Ballard, I bet it’ll predominantly be the “hipster” types who live there.

FYI, I knew people who considered themselves hip. But they never entered my circle of friends, unless they were willing to buy pizza for everyone.

briarrose
    Participant

Not unless they live 5 to an apartment Lou.

great idea
    Participant

5 to an apartment = 1 to an apodment

those hipsters will be just fine.

Ballard bars may only be trendy for another five or ten years, but what happens when this passes?

the neighborhood is still an appealing place to live with decent schools, parks, etc.
    do the hipster taverns morph into soccer mom salons and amazon drop-off stations?

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

Eventually Ballard will be a cross between the Jetson’s and a Dr Seuss movie.I wonder if they can make delivery drones look like exotic tropical birds or dragons.

Edog
    Participant

People! Hipsters are as dead as disco! There is no clearer demise of the hipster aesthetic than those big shaggy beards. Youth culture has always aspired to “not care” but when you wear a big beard like zztop, its no affectation, you really don’t care.

Normcore is next.

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

I always thought the Hipsters died when Bob Dylan discovered Christ.

briarrose
    Participant

“what happens when this passes?”

Well just go back a few years. In 1974 Ballard had an old lady dress shop, a few tired restaurants, an old lady furniture store etc. etc. etc.
    The cycle never really changes.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement