blank & blank restaurant names.

Home Forums Open forum blank & blank restaurant names.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  gnoman 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

I just read this article http://www.seattlemet.com/eat-and-drink/nosh-pit/articles/how-to-name-a-restaurant-august-2014

Brimmer and Heeltap, Brunswick and Hunt, Percy and Co. There are so many “&’s”

briarrose
    Participant

Seattle is fast becoming the least creative place in the country and heeltap sounds like a pick up in the men’s rom of a gay bar.

Curtis
    Participant

Hahaha!
    Wide Stance & Heel Tap!

gnoman
    Participant

++BR, Curtis

Conjunction does not quality make.

oldguybc
    Participant

LOL Curtis, anyone remember Clinkerdagger, Bickerstaff & Petts?

Curtis
    Participant

Sundecks, Boondocks, and Greenthumbs?!?

phoo
    Participant

Hmm, for a moment, I read Bickerstaff & Penis. Correct number and beginning and end letters!

Salmon Bay
    Participant

McCormick and Schmick’s

oldguybc
    Participant

Ah Phoo, you’re a speed reader I see…

CB&P was a little British flavored bar/snack place in a strip mall on the north side of 205th St, that would be in Snohomish County, back in the 70s/80s my brothers & I used to frequent on my trips up thar… pretty forgettable place, don’t remember a thing about it except for a very attractive lady serving drinks and the goofy name.

Sunset Hill Irish
    Participant

Guffaw. Agreed that the conjunction/ampersand naming convention is tired. We can give Percy’s & Co. a bit of a pass, though, because it ostensibly took its name from the store that occupied that spot (and whose advert is on the brick wall) many decades ago. Still, that then puts Percy’s & Co. in the same boat with King’s Hardware and The Bindery as restaurants named for a space’s former occupant. I would be amused with another conjunction trend: Paradise or Ptomaine; Meat or Vegetable; Beer or Wine. At least it would be less blind trend following.

lakreitz
    Participant

OG -I remember Clinkerdagger, etc. Best described as a fern barn. I clearly remember asparagus ferns in there. It was a chain resto – there was one over in Bellevue too.

jburgh
    Participant

There was a beauty shop back where I grew up named “Curl Up and Dye.” Thought that was pretty clever. The restaurant name never matters to us if they have good food, decent prices/value and good service. Seems like we end up having nicknames for the restaurants we like (ex. Subway Thai on Leary & Market).

Curtis
    Participant

Curl Up & Dye was Carrie Fishers beauty salon in The Blues Brothers movie too! Always loved that one.

great idea
    Participant

poor Carrie probably never saw a dime from that beauty salon either.

SunsetHillGuy
    Participant

I think Carrie was a customer there, as I recall she was under the dryer studying a flame thrower manual

BuffaloHawk
    Participant

There is a funeral home back in Buffalo that went by the owners last name ” Amigone”.

http://www.amigonefuneralhome.com/main.php

Edog
    Participant

Finger & Adze

jburgh
    Participant

Curtis – it was in Chicago, so maybe the same one? I have to re-watch the movie.

gnoman
    Participant

Jburgh, does this help locate it?

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/movies/the-blues-brothers/scmods/curl-up-and-dye/

here’s the little bit on the location with links to various map engines

http://www.bluesbrotherscentral.com/locations/beauty-salon/

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.