Can we be more fun this summer? Please?

Home Forums Open forum Can we be more fun this summer? Please?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Sunset Hill David 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

So, I was on the google this morning searching for Seattleish things to do in this summer. I found a bunch of great resources and event calendars. I had no idea Seattle had so much going on during summer.
    I did notice one problem though. All of the great events were happening in neighborhoods other than Ballard. Fremont, Seattle Center, and Capitol Hill all have really cool events coming up. All I could find for Ballard was a seafood festival and some viking thing. Those both sound pretty cool I guess, but I feel we should have more. Ballard should be as fun as other neighborhoods during summer!

I propose that all participants in this forum (who are not named Jimmy Rustler) get together to plan, and and gather funding for, new Ballard summer events. I will act as overseer for the planning committee, and occasionally I will provide snacks and advice.

Some ideas:

– Condo Development Construction Site Block Party
    – Puffy Jacket Bottomless Solstice Bike Ride (Like the Fremont one but with more puff)
    – Stolen Dog Return Drive Kegger

Life is amazing
    Participant

Ha!

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

Sorry for the errors in my original post. I think there is a time limit to editing posts.

Miss Julie
    Participant

Package thief kegger? Missing cat scavenger hunt?

Miss Julie
    Participant

Oh shoot, you already said kegger. Um, package thief jamboree?

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

@Miss Julie: a Package Thief Jamboree is a grand idea. I was also thinking a Gilman Park Goat petting zoo for the kids and a game of Lockhaven Musical Chairs. It’s like normal musical chairs but instead of the chairs disappearing one by one, they are all removed at the same time. The chairs are then renovated and offered back to the players at double the rent.

Shelley

Hillbilly QFC box wine chug party?

Crownhiller
    Participant

Apodment appetizer hour and whine bar? ;)

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

A Permanent Parking Space Lottery Hootenanny inspired by the Hunger Games trilogy?

Edog
    Participant

I’ll be teaching a stolen dog taxidermy class every Sunday this summer at the farmers market. At least I plan on doing it as long as supply lasts.

Jimmy Rustler
    Participant

@edog: Does this class start at the beginner level or should I already have some basic knowledge of stolen dog taxidermy before signing up?

Edog
    Participant

This course is for beginners but you will have to supply your own styrofoam peanuts!

biophile87
    Participant

taxidermy! I am so there. I have some finds in the freezer.

plasticbags
    Participant

QFC indoor basketball game?

Gnomie
    Participant

Old house demo party and lot split lottery (will it be 2 or more). Lottery runs daily.
    Demo party note – Free particle masks in every goodie bag.
    Goodie bag includes phone numbers of Seattle DPD employees, Contractors home addresses, Memorable chart of plants we used to be able to grow and bullhorns to shout back at your rooftop neighbors looking down on your private space.

Sorry, forgot to stay within the fun theme:^(

phoo
    Participant

How about How Low Can You Go? Although it sounds like a lambada contest, participants do whatever outlandish (but not outright illegal) thing they can to lower property values or make the neighborhood unappealing to condo/apodments/high end apartments. Perhaps a sign advertising how much Ballard hates organics and booze and loves lutefisk and old people?

Cate
    Participant

Don’t forget the Annual Firewalking competition down at Golden Gardens on Summer Solstice. (Oops, that really happens. Never mind.)

pennygirl
    Participant

Forum Resuscitation Party. Good luck!

Avocado Head
    Participant

A Not-In-My-Back-Yard-Sale?

Or maybe a Habitat for Brewmanity event where we gut Mars Hill and install a Co-Op brewery there instead?

Or how about a car-prowl scavenger hunt?

-Avo

EDIT: Forgot the double-wide stroller demolition derby.

Curtis
    Participant

Goody bags should be left in a plastic tub on the neighbors curb with the understanding that the tub is NOT part of the goodies.

Curtis
    Participant

Avocado FTW!

oldguybc
    Participant

Edog… how about stolen cats? Our resident stolen cat has gone back to the Jersey Shore leaving us without a resident dissident, if I find him will you stuff him?

BallardSea
    Participant

How about a nice relaxing campfire at the Ballard Commons?
    Or neighborhood apodment night? Tear down one house and see how many apodments you can fit in the space.
    Or apodment blood pressure competition. Mention apodments to longtime Ballard residents and the person whose blood pressure rises the highest wins a gift certificate to Dennys. Or Ivars. Or Hirams. Or Carnegies. Or Azteca.

Shelley

Finish the Missing Link work party.

Jules
    Participant

As a matter of interest, anyone can take OVER the Ballard Commons park by getting a permit from Parks and Rec. I say, we hold a Badminton Tournament. Singles, not doubles, so it lasts longer. We set up a couple of nets, mark off the boundries with chalk. and do eliminations. That way it could last for WEEKS, given enough players. What say you?
    PS If you have an event at the Park, you can 86 anyone you don’t want from the venue!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)

The forum ‘Open forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Advertisement